FLW's Banff Pavilion to be rebuilt

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
DRN

Post by DRN »

“For the record, I have met Kay Francis exactly once, during a visit to Whitefish, when she, and 2 other people, attended the council meeting where I spoke against the loss of the Lockridge clinic.
Any action taken on behalf of a threatened Wright building at a public forum is much appreciated.
What was the date on which you spoke?

http://www.cityofwhitefish.org/mayor-an ... p?mobile=y

http://www.cityofwhitefish.org/mayor-an ... ovideo.php

http://www.cityofwhitefish.org/mayor-an ... o-2017.php

http://www.cityofwhitefish.org/mayor-an ... o-2016.php
Last edited by DRN on Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SDR

Post by SDR »

A single published photo of such a meeting, with participants identified in print, would help clear up remaining doubts or questions.

S

SREcklund

Post by SREcklund »

flwromanza wrote:Not only will I not attend a dinner with you, Peter M, I would advise that we never be in the same room together at the same time. Why don't you take the money that your foolish gesture would cost, and instead donate it to a Frank Lloyd Wright building in need, the Spring house for example, and demonstrate that at least one of you on this forum will actually attempt to make a positive difference in the world?

For the record, I have met Kay Francis exactly once, during a visit to Whitefish, when she, and 2 other people, attended the council meeting where I spoke against the loss of the Lockridge clinic. I have corresponded with her a few times since, and I have given her advice on her relationship with this group. I hope she takes it.

And SDR, you never disappoint, always clueless. It's obviously escaped your notice that since discovering the uselessness of this chat room, I haven't posted on this forum for years prior to the recent slanderous comments made by Roderick Grant, and even then, never under my right name, but always under Frank Lloyd Wright Romanza. I also posted something recently that was deleted, presumably by the moderators, where I asked for information about the identity and whereabouts of Roderick Grant, so that we can serve him with notice of legal filings.

And this will officially be my last post here, but I will have someone continue monitoring the site for any other legally actionable misinformation being spread. I will be responding to, and clearing up, the rest of the inaccuracies being posted, on my facebook page next week.
This seems vaguely familiar ... not unlike the overly-dramatic exit speech he made as we showed him the back door from the Wright Attitude. Not a lot of creativity in consistency ... ;-)
Docent, Hollyhock House - Hollywood, CA
Humble student of the Master

"Youth is a circumstance you can't do anything about. The trick is to grow up without getting old." - Frank Lloyd Wright

jay

Post by jay »

Any action taken on behalf of a threatened Wright building at a public forum is much appreciated.
What was the date on which you spoke?
I recalled seeing a photo he posted to Stan's Facebook WA group, of him at the meeting. It was a quick find on his FLWRomanza FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

DRN

Post by DRN »

Thanks. If we have the date, we can read the transcript, and/or watch the video, from the links I posted. I have to read enough municipal meeting minutes in my day job...I’d rather not wade through a couple of years worth to find the 15 minutes of fame.

peterm

Post by peterm »

Kay Francis- You must be in this photo, too, right?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... B/quote%5D

SREcklund

Post by SREcklund »

Since many of you wisely avoid the morass that Facebook has become, I thought I'd share with you the letter Mr. Miner penned yesterday.

Absolutely unedited, of course ...
"Frank Lloyd Wright Romanza
Yesterday at 1:03 PM ·

You know in the realm of "unintended consequences", I wonder if the inventors of the internet, and more specifically of Facebook, realized that the result of their efforts would give a platform to people who have absolutely no idea of what the hell they're talking about.

Over the last few months, there has been so much disinformation spread about myself, things I am involved with, people I know, and the Frank Lloyd Wright world in general, that I am going to take the time to dispel it and them once and for all. I have no reason to believe it will stop, but I have become far too busy to constantly respond to the inaccuracies, both big and small, which continue to inundate these forums. Therefore, after this message, I will no longer make any comment on any thing said about me or my organizations, unless it reaches the level of slander, which is something that has already taken place. My silence will not mean that an accusation is somehow true, simply that I don't have time to deal with, or hire someone else to deal with, this type of nonsense anymore.

No sooner than I asked for disinformation to cease being spread regarding the Oboler compound, that the Frank Lloyd Wright conservancy republished a story regarding the owner with 2 MAJOR inaccuracies. The Oboler owners DO NOT own the Malibu Winery, and they are NOT suing anyone with regard to the fires at this time. They are simply organizing with other local homeowners to consider a lawsuit. This information comes directly from the owners themselves. PLEASE STOP SPREADING INACCURATE INFORMATION!!

Some of my former friends on the Wright Attitude Facebook group took exception to a comment made, and the argument that ensued, with Peter Manuu of the "Wright Chat" group. They mistakenly thought I was wholesale criticizing everyone on the "Wright Attitude" group, which I was not, for being cheapskates and not contributing to my non-profit. I have a history with Manuu, and the many of the other members of the Wright Chat useless debating society, and the smart alec "when you donate 10.00" comment was directed towards him, and them, and not the Wright Attitude people. However, since many of you misread that, and thought I was criticizing you, you "liked" a criticism made of me for it. That was your mistake. I have since unfriended you.

On the "Wright Chat" forum, someone named Roderick Grant posted a story about a criminal in the far East, who has a name similar name to the head of my design team, a professor at Ryerson University in Toronto, stating that he was a "conman", and that we should "tread carefully" in dealing with him. Of course, this story was not true. We are pursuing legal action against Mr. Grant for slander, but we need information as to his whereabouts so that he can be served with the legal papers. Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

Since then, our old buddy Peter Manuu is now apparently accusing me of creating a fictitious identity, or hiring a surrogate to do this, to make postings on the Wright Chat site, in place of making posts myself, because this particular lady supports my efforts. This does not rise to the level of libel or slander, but actions like this are why I've is why I've had it with this group of idiots.

I spoke with a Wright Attitude member named Andrew Marshall on the telephone after things blew up on that site. He offered me the advice of not involving myself with the Oboler situation, since "Nobody knows what the Oboler people intend to do". Of course, I had just spoken to both the Oboler owners, as well as Eric Lloyd Wright, that very day, and I knew exactly what they were intending. Since then, as posted yesterday, mostly through our efforts, we have successfully saved the remaining masonry in the burn site from demolition. But thanks for the knowledgeable counsel.

A personal message and piece of advice to Stan Ecklund. I realize you have no creative talent yourself, which is probably why you're drawn to the work of Mr. Wright in the first place. But if you are going to try and criticize me for something, criticize my crooked nose, my bad haircut, the way I dress, or my fat stomach, something that may have a basis in fact. Don't criticize the creative work on my films, because that will go nowhere. I defy you to find more than a handful of people who agree with your negative opinion of my work. The reason I was allowed to shoot at Auldbrass over the course of 2 years was not because the owner thought my first 2 films were amateurish, the reason I am invited to appear at Auldbrass now for the Autumn tours is not because the owner regards the work I did on "Masterpieces" as amateurish. Quite the contrary. This is why I take 3 years+ to make one of my films, filming and editing, re-filming and re-editing, re-filming again, and re-editing again, over and over until it is just right, and the resulting films are superb. I do it for ungrateful people like you.

Finally, and most importantly, as regards the course of events prior to the demolition of the Lockridge clinic, for which Mr. Stuart Graff called me out for not being involved. This is what actually happened. During the Summer of 2017, my wife and I took the train to Whitefish, prior to heading North to work on the Banff Pavilion project. My wife had never seen the Lockridge, so we visited the site. We were surprised to find that the "for sale " sign was no longer out in front of the building, because we were under the impression that public pressure had prompted the owner to sell it. Immediately, from the parking lot, I called and spoke to Barbara Gordon at the FLW Conservancy, informing her about the for-sale sign no longer being there. She said that she was unaware of that fact, but that they would be "all over it". I did not give the matter another thought until the news hit, about 2 days before the demolition, in January, 2018, when I saw the headlines about its impending demolition. I immediately called Barbara again, asked what was being done, and asked why the fund that is supposedly held by the conservancy to buy endangered Frank Lloyd Wright buildings and hold them until a sympathetic buyer can be found had not been used to save the clinic. She told me that this fund did not have near the kind of money required (1.6-1.7 million, I believe) to acquire the property, but that she was trying to arrange emergency financing.

I, like everyone else, was under the impression that Wright buildings were safe because this large contingency fund was in place to protect them. I was then, and still am, FURIOUS that this building was unnecessarily lost, and perhaps even more so that we have all been misled by the conservancy that this fund either existed, or was of a sufficient size to be capable of purchasing distressed Frank Lloyd Wright structures. I have never made this information public up to now as a courtesy to the conservancy, but I will not stand by and listen to accusations made against me that I did not do everything possible to help save that building, even though, at the time, it was not even my responsibility to do so. I have since personally appeared at the City of Whitefish board meetings, and called for a boycott of the building built by the developer on the site, plus other efforts soon to be made public.

I have also since expanded the role of the Revival Initiative to assist with Wright building owners who are in need of funds for whatever reason. We have taken the lead with the Oboler owners, and have already helped save the existing infrastructure, as well as begun a rebuilding fund for those buildings to which I have personally contributed 45,000.00, I am assisting with homeowners who need repairs with negotiations to help keep costs down, and I am embarking on a fundraising tour this year with many Frank Lloyd Wright buildings, where I will be splitting the raised funds in many cases with the building itself. I have also offered to obtain a loan from the bank, putting up my home as collateral, and contribute 200,000.00 (not a typo) as a matching grant to the Spring house institute to acquire the building, and put it into safe hands.

In short, Mr. Graff, knock it off, the truth is not your friend in this matter. I don't want to go to war with your organization at this time, although I will oblige you if necessary. I'm much too busy, through my films, my lectures and programs, my non-profit work, and my fundraising activities, promoting the work and legacy of Frank Lloyd Wright, and you're probably too busy also, doing whatever it is you do."
I was frankly unaware he had a crooked nose ...

"Youth is a circumstance you can't do anything about. The trick is to grow up without getting old." - Frank Lloyd Wright

peterm

Post by peterm »

Maybe Elaine Kay Francis sports the crooked nose?

SDR

Post by SDR »

That's a shame.

KayFrancis

Post by KayFrancis »

Yes, Peter, we must remember the wonderful job your wonderful organization did with the Lockridge Clinic and Hoffman Showroom.

KayFrancis

Post by KayFrancis »

You know, I'm getting kind of tired of all this negativity. I'm sending 100.00 to the Frank Loyd Wright Initiative and saying good-bye to you.

SDR

Post by SDR »

"You know, I'm getting kind of tired of all this negativity."

Sister, you're not the only one. Let us pray for silence . . .

S

SREcklund

Post by SREcklund »

KayFrancis wrote:You know, I'm getting kind of tired of all this negativity. I'm sending 100.00 to the Frank Loyd Wright Initiative and saying good-bye to you.
That sound you hear is a C-note sliding from Mike's left pocket to his right ... :lol:

DavidC

Post by DavidC »

DRN

Post by DRN »

So, does this mean the owners of Wright buildings that have issues that are beyond their means or abilities to correct themselves now have somone to turn to who will find them qualified professional guidance and financial assistance? This could be an enormous undertaking.
Hosanna! A patron?