Lloyd Wright Levand House for rent

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
peterm

Lloyd Wright Levand House for rent

Post by peterm »

$12,500.00 per month...

http://la.curbed.com/archives/2010/04/r ... states.php

The typical brutal and sarcastic Curbed L.A., San Francisco, New York comments remind me how civilized everyone generally is here at Wright Chat...

lang

Post by lang »

"While not entirely 'true' to the home's original natural palette" That's a troubling phrase! It leaves me wondering if I'm seeing Lloyd Wright's work or a remodel which has altered the feel of the house considerably. An interesting house, but one interior shot of the marble flooring and glass felt almost commercial, like i had stepped from the house into a high end shopping mall! Langdon

outside in

Post by outside in »

its difficult to believe that some owner thought that painting everything white and installing polished marble floors would be an improvement. I believe this house has been ruined, and it will take hundreds of thousands of dollars to undue what has been done. The ultimate irony is that it is now for rent, as if the person responsible for the damage refuses to live in their own "creation".....

peterm

Post by peterm »

Someone had terrible country club taste and way too much money on their hands, and as you say, to peel the house back and restore would probably cost millions. It looks like something from the Beverly Hillbillies...

The architecture and the bones are amazing, though, with those open cantilevered "trellises" extending out over the pool...

To get an idea of what Junior had in mind, look at his exquisite rendering.

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

Bad taste and too much money is a common problem in Trousdale Estates, a sort of penninsula on the north end of Beverly Hills. Sadly this was originally the Doheny Ranch Project property that FLW was to develop in 1929, but which was cancelled when Doheny was murdered by his butler.

DRN

Post by DRN »

The butler did it?

sorry...couldn't resist.

peterm

Post by peterm »

In the conservatory, with the lead pipe?...

archfan

Post by archfan »

In the guest bedroom, with the revolver, it seems, and it was Doheny's son. That was in 1929, well after the Doheny Ranch project was shelved, apparently after the Doheny's became involved in the Teapot Dome Scandal around 1924.

http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/flw/flw04.html

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cg ... &GRid=3504