Taschen book sale

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
Paul Ringstrom

Taschen book sale

Post by Paul Ringstrom »

Owner of the G. Curtis Yelland House (1910), by Wm. Drummond

MOman2

Re: Taschen book sale

Post by MOman2 »

Is this book worth it? Your opinions?

SDR

Post by SDR »

I haven't looked at a copy. It would be redundant if you have the three-volume Taschen set, as the material is derived from that publication. But, it would certainly be more convenient to consult than those tomes---and at the price one could hardly go wrong ?

S

DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Anyone happen to own this Case Study book?

Case Study Houses. The Complete CSH Program 1945-1966

David

SDR

Post by SDR »

No. At 440 pages it has to have more content than "Blueprints for Modern Living" or Esther McCoy's book on the subject . . .

S

JChoate

Post by JChoate »

I have both of those books. They’re good.

DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Thanks for letting me know the Case book is a good one. I placed an order for one yesterday.

David

Matt2

Post by Matt2 »

I like the Case Study book...and was lucky enough to attend an event at it's release and have several architects (and Shulman) sign it! I understand Taschen makes smaller versions which might be easier to peruse.

DRN

Post by DRN »

If you are interested in the early CaseStudyHouses and are looking for the context in which they were first presented, this Taschen collection of the Arts&Architecture mags is a good one at a very reasonable price:

https://www.taschen.com/pages/en/catalo ... gKo6vD_BwE

SDR

Post by SDR »

Seventy bucks for 632 pages has got to be a bargain. And these magazines (I have an older and much more modest book of reprints) give you an immediate immersion into the period. You'll see well-known names in architecture, furniture and accessories, craft and art from when they were starting out or in their early prime. The ads alone would be worth the price. Arts & Architecture (originally California Arts & Architecture, descended from Pacific Builder) spanned the years 1943 to 1959 under the editorship of John Entenza; the Case Study home design program began at the magazine in 1945.

I've never seen a publisher offer such deep discounts---granted, on titles which have been on their list for quite a while. I'd definitely take advantage; Christmas isn't that far away . . .!

S