Estate Sale with Arizona Biltmore Rug and Beautiful Prairie Style Custom Furnishings

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
mlestatesales

Estate Sale with Arizona Biltmore Rug and Beautiful Prairie Style Custom Furnishings

Post by mlestatesales »

I am thrilled to be working for a wonderful couple who painstakingly built and decorated their Prairie Style home in Northfield, IL. They are downsizing and parting with some of their custom made furnishings. they have the most incredible Frank Lloyd Wright Arizona Biltmore Rug in a custom Dard Hunter Studios Frame for sale. The dining room set in particular, is amazing There are also several Stickley pieces. Here is a link to the sale with photos and measurements. https://shop.mlestatesales.com/custom-a ... -70779-451
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions! I am pleased to be a new member of this chat room. In my business, I come across many fine antiques, decor, and furnishings that pay homage to the style of Frank Lloyd Wright and I would like to be able to share those with the group.

SDR

Re: Estate Sale with Arizona Biltmore Rug and Beautiful Prairie Style Custom Furnishings

Post by SDR »

Thanks for joining us; welcome to the site. How many items from this collection are in the sale ? I didn't find Stickley pieces; perhaps those are not being sold ?

What is the history of the Biltmore rug ? Who is said or thought to have designed this piece ? I wonder where in the building this rug might have been placed.

S

Rood

Re: Estate Sale with Arizona Biltmore Rug and Beautiful Prairie Style Custom Furnishings

Post by Rood »

SDR wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 4:37 pm
Thanks for joining us; welcome to the site. How many items from this collection are in the sale ? I didn't find Stickley pieces; perhaps those are not being sold ?

What is the history of the Biltmore rug ? Who is said or thought to have designed this piece ? I wonder where in the building this rug might have been placed. S
The swatch is a small portion of the carpets used all over the Biltmore Hotel, following TAA's rehabilitation of the Hotel, after the disastrous fire in the 1970's. The carpets were originally designed by Mr. Wright for the Imperial Hotel in Tokyo.

The quoted price seems way out of line, however ... as there must be acres of the stuff, located here and there. Some of it lies on the floor in front of my draughting table.

SDR

Post by SDR »

Dard Hunter, 1883-1966, was an Ohio fine book and type designer, printer, and papermaker, having researched the making of paper in antiquity. His legacy has somehow come to include the making of fine picture frames in quarter-sawn oak.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dard_Hunter

https://www.dardhunter.com

S