Do you recall the architect? Wright and Like Tour in WI (mid-2000s)

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
Tim

Do you recall the architect? Wright and Like Tour in WI (mid-2000s)

Post by Tim »

Thank you in advance!

I saw a house on the Wright and Like WI tour

Going from memory it was in 2000's

The house was the house of a former Taliesin architect or maybe apprentice

The house was built into a hillside with a cantilever deck (Pew house like)

I seem to think the architect passed away

Does the house or architect ring a bell?

SDR

Re: Do you recall the architect? Wright and Like Tour in WI (mid-2000s)

Post by SDR »

The 2000s is a twenty-year span---unless you mean specifically the first decade. Do you have any record that would identify the year ? Did you (or anyone you know) take photos on the tour ?

In what ways did the house resemble the Pew (or another) house---specifically ? What materials and details do you remember ?

Have you considered contacting Wright in Wisconsin https://wrightinwisconsin.org/wright-2019 for information on past tours ?

S

Tim

Post by Tim »

The worst part, until last year, I had the brochure!

Good call, I will reach out to them. They might have an archive beyond 2012.

The tour was between 2001 and 2009.

The actual architect was an apprentice and I believe of Asian ancestry, a vague memory though!

Like play Blue's Clues :oops:

SDR

Post by SDR »

Heh. Turns out searching here for "Wright and Like" doesn't work very well ! Three all-too-common words . . .

S

Tim

Post by Tim »

Funny, during more more meetings, I have been trying different word combos in Google image. I am pretty sure that I'd recognize it if I saw it. :roll:

Eric Saed
Location: Minne-sO-tah Norwegian living in exile in Lubbock, Texas

Post by Eric Saed »

There was a brand new house by Helmut Ajango on the tour one year in that timeframe. Ajango was never an apprentice, and I think he was from one of the Baltic countries not Asia, but that was the first thing that came to mind.

Tim

Post by Tim »

Yes! Yes! Yes! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Helmut Ajango was it

Good architect, for sure

(I must have been thinking about another Wright apprentice who was Asian. :oops: :oops: :oops: )