FLlW and Jim Crow

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
Roderick Grant

Re: FLlW and Jim Crow

Post by Roderick Grant »

The body is also designed to regulate salt. Too little, and you faint; too much, and you pee. Salt doesn't cause heart disease, even though it can exacerbate an existing condition. I will never give up salt, butter or bread. I have lived on a high-carb diet my whole life, and have never taken a prescription medication. Each system is unique to some extent, and reacts to ingestion differently. I happen to have an unusually efficient system: I weigh today what I weighed at age 17, without ever counting a calorie.

SDR

Post by SDR »

Lucky you. Yes, every body is different. I'm very seldom ill, and seem to have a good immune system. "Stable pre-diabetic," they tell me, so more exercise and less sugar would be good.

A startling percentage of the citizens of "the wealthiest nation on Earth" have what is now called food insecurity---many of them children. Is food a "right and not a privilege" ? Is anything ?

S

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

Survival of the fittest was so much easier.

SDR

Post by SDR »

Simpler, perhaps; more "natural," even. But easier ? For whom---the victors ?

Wouldn't the goal of civilized creatures be win/win, by one means or another ? If entropy were nature's order, and Man declared himself superior to nature, wouldn't he make it his goal to supplant entropy with something finer ?

A

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

Obviously! The longer the strongest survive, the fewer weaklings are born, and a balance exists. Look at every other life form on Earth for proof.

Civilization is the gradual removal of humans from the natural surroundings, and is therefore an affront to nature. No creatures have ever posed a threat to the survival of life on the planet other than humans. No other life form creates garbage that is not able to be broken down and recycled by one natural force or another, such as the dung beetle. If humans were ever to fade away into extinction, the health of the planet would improve immeasurably.

Nevertheless, I don't plan on going away without a fight.

SDR

Post by SDR »

Earth is presently losing the battle; I'm grateful that I won't be here 25 years from now. And I'm very grateful to have witnessed the last seven decades, as an art and design enthusiast !

S

peterm

Post by peterm »

Possibly relevant to the subject of Broadacre and Jim Crow, I’m looking forward to seeing this exhibit tomorrow at MoMA:

https://www.moma.org/calendar/exhibitions/5219

SDR

Post by SDR »

Tell us what you find there, will you . . .?

S

Tim

Post by Tim »

:lol: :lol: :lol: