Hugo Avila's Wright Renders

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
SDR

Re: Hugo Avila's Wright Renders

Post by SDR »

Oh, Berdan is a trip; what a beautiful drawing set. The drafter does something unusual: the horizontals depicting the board surfaces have varied line weight, fading between incidents like walls and other terminations.

https://library.artstor.org/#/search/Wr ... =1;size=48

S

juankbedoya

Post by juankbedoya »

SDR wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:46 pm
I'm not sure if I've see any of the ones you mention. I wait for him to send me the latest---but where would I look to find these others ?

S
Really? well everything is on the facebook page The Wright Attitude, use the browser inside the page with "hugo a avila" and there you have. Everything published by Hugo, pictures of his trips and his renders.

Berdan

Carrol

Sundt

Newman

Darril McKinney..!!

.....others

a house in a prairie town

Grant

Schwartz

OMG..!! Hugo has done a lot of work, isn't he?

JimM

Post by JimM »

His efforts are truly a gift.

DRN

Post by DRN »

The Newman rendering is stunning, as is the design it depicts. Now that we have this type illustration of the original design intent, it might be interesting to compare it to the Legacy version built in Ohio about 20 years ago.

http://wrightchat.savewright.org/viewtopic.php?t=13608

juankbedoya

Post by juankbedoya »

Hey... we have a new one...

Brewer..!!

SDR

Post by SDR »

Goody. I hope Hugo will send me some views so I can post them here. It will be interesting to see how much is in the drawing file on the project.

S

juankbedoya

Post by juankbedoya »

Hey... we have a short video now (Brewer)..!! Enjoy..!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3jYsdp ... rquitectos

SDR

Post by SDR »

Bravo !! Great video; only four long shots, the last one a grand take all the way around the house---an example for other video-makers to learn from.

I like the way the house is set into, and grows from, its inspiring rocky setting; the drive-thru car shelter with unpaved parking and a forest path beyond. And the exterior stair that rises from a lower-level bedroom porch and enters the upper-level terrace through an opening between the house and a masonry pier: delightful.

S

SDR

Post by SDR »

Brewer plans and elevations. I see that the "lower-level bedroom" I mentioned is actually a workshop.

It would be wonderful to be able to walk around inside this plan. The entry sequence needs to be explained and experienced, for instance.

Matt2

Post by Matt2 »

Brewer, which I'm not familiar with, looks a lot like Chahroudi.

SDR

Post by SDR »

Yes . . . as last discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=625&hilit=brewer&start=180

S

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

Brewer is a refinement, close in quality to Chahroudi, but better in its choice of materials.

toastedskin

Post by toastedskin »

Does anyone recognize this possible Usonian window board design? Thank you

https://2dbdd5116ffa30a49aa8-c03f075f81 ... 6.9572.png

SDR

Post by SDR »

What you are showing there is a compilation of perf designs, not all to the same scale, which was assembled either by Palli Davis Holubar, whose work on the subject of the Usonian perfs led the way in this pursuit, or by our member Jay, who pursued the study in his own way, subsequently. What that image provides is a convenient way to compare and contrast the various designs---to assess their forms in relation to each other, and perhaps to draw a conclusion as to their relevance to the works of architecture which they were designed to enhance.

Here is an example of Palli's work; here she gathers perf designs which she characterizes as containing a "club" shape, and pointing to the Manson house as the first built Usonian to have perfs installed. She also credits the work of Ross Simmons, whom she commissioned to render the various perf designs in a uniform format---a considerable task in its own right . . .

© 2010 by Palli Davis Holubar