Theodore Baird house

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
MOman2

Re: Theodore Baird house

Post by MOman2 »

Can you see the Theodore Baird house from the street?
As always thank you for your reply

SDR

Post by SDR »

Guess the answer is no . . .

There are nine drawings for Baird at the Artstor site; a site plan is not included.

https://library.artstor.org/#/search/Wr ... =1;size=48

S

Reidy

Post by Reidy »

When I tried to see it years ago it was hidden behind a tall hedge. A corner was visible from the end of the driveway.

They say you can see through the hedge in winter. If you hurry you might catch it in time; otherwise wait til next winter.

MOman2

Post by MOman2 »

thank you very much
I have seen some 400+ FLW structures and as I enter the denouement of my life I am finishing up my life mission

SDR

Post by SDR »

Congratulations, MOman; let us know how the remaining forays pan out !

Perhaps an oddity of the appreciation of Wright's place in the world of architecture---or is that Architecture---is that the quantity of built work, while mentioned frequently, is nevertheless not remarked upon as an achievement of its own, unrivaled surely by any well-known practitioner ? Perhaps one doesn't want to dwell on the matter, for fear of raising the "quantity-versus-quality" bogeyman . . .?

S

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

MOman2, do you mean 'denouement' or 'climax'?

MOman2

Post by MOman2 »

denouement
the final part of a play, movie, or narrative in which the strands of the plot are drawn together and matters are explained or resolved.