Foundation Archives: architectural drawings, 1885-1959

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
David

Foundation Archives: architectural drawings, 1885-1959

Post by David »

Now we can consult a list that specifies how many drawings made by FLLW exist for each project:

https://findingaids.library.columbia.ed ... 76/summary

We'll know exactly how many drawings we need to have the complete puzzle of a project and it is also possible to see the drawings asking for an appointment

Do any of you live in NY?

:-)

Tom

Post by Tom »

774 items in the drawing category for the Guggenheim

SDR

Post by SDR »

So, this is a list of the holdings. No way to see any of the material online ?

S

Tom

Post by Tom »

No
I asked this question recently in an email to the archives.
The response was: no plans anytime soon to digitize the material

But I've wondered if they were heavily petitioned for certain very specific items ... if they might

Tom

Post by Tom »

492 items in the Drawing category for Johnson Wax

Tom

Post by Tom »

I was surprised to see that the American Systems Built Houses is the project in the archive with the largest single amount of drawing items: 992

The Guggenheim is second with 774, the Imperial Hotel is third with 705 drawing items.
San Marcos in the Desert has 208
Midway Gardens has 195
Larkin: 169
Fallingwater: 166 (not including guest house)
Hannah House: 118 (not including guest house)
Coonley (main house): 109
Unity Temple: 89
Robie: 44

Tom

Post by Tom »

Hanna

Tom

Re: Foundation Archives: architectural drawings, 1885-1959

Post by Tom »

Trying to find the best thread for the Robie House on Wright Chat I came across this thread.

Since David posted this we now have 1,) access to drawings like never before and 2.) we know the files are incomplete, 3.) wish some were in color.

But real reason for posting: I can't find the Robie thread where most of the best discussion takes place.
Can anybody locate that please?
I have some good info to place there.

SDR

Re: Foundation Archives: architectural drawings, 1885-1959

Post by SDR »

It is an unfortunate but probably inevitable fact that some of the best discussion of a project will be found on threads devoted to, and titled for, a different one. But the search function will find any name or word that has been posted here.

S