Larry Woodin

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
Roderick Grant

Larry Woodin

Post by Roderick Grant »

Long-time FLWBC member and board member, Larry Woodin has died. Very sad. He was a great guy, good company, significant in the saving of the Gordon House. He will be missed.

DavidC

Re: Larry Woodin

Post by DavidC »

Very sorry to hear of Larry's passing. Thank you for letting us know, Roderick.

I came to know Larry over the years through the Conservancy. He was always kind to my wife and I - and willing to share his knowledge, insights, and experience. We were able to visit the Tracy house with Larry as our guide. He pretty much 'adopted' Mrs. Tracy in her later years and helped care for her. And, he did much to save the house, also. I was also able to visit Brandes with him during one of the times that he was involved with working on it.

And, of course, he was very deeply involved in the Conservancy. He will most certainly be missed.

David

wjsaia

Post by wjsaia »

What a shock. Superlatives fail, but Larry was a treasure in many ways.

To Larry's partner and all past and present board members of the Conservancy and many other members who knew him, although I personally was not so close to Larry as you, I am moved to reflect upon the grief you likely may be experiencing at this time and want to let you know that you are in my thoughts and in my heart.

In Memoriam.

Bill Schwarz

WJS

Matt2

Post by Matt2 »

What a shock. I traded emails with him just a few weeks ago with the idea of an event related to my book on Paul Kirk. He was kind enough to get me into the Tracy House some years ago when it was transitioning between owners.