1997 Life Dream house

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
tgenean

Post by tgenean »

I'm not sure how similar our plans are but if you can use roofscope with our address of 155 Shamrock dr flora, I'll 62839 maybe we can help? We have rubberized roofing on some of the low grades on the roof which isn't hardly noticeable and we haven't had any issue.

tgenean

Post by tgenean »

I'm not sure how similar our plans are but if you can use roofscope with our address of 155 Shamrock dr flora, I'll 62839 maybe we can help? We have rubberized roofing on some of the low grades on the roof which isn't hardly noticeable and we haven't had any issue.

AggieBlue

'97 LIFE Dream House

Post by AggieBlue »

I currently own 2 sets of plans for the '97 LIFE Dream House. Both the 1 Story 3/3 and the 2 Story 3/3.

I'm in the begaining stages of building this home. For years I always said I'd build the 2 story but as of recent have decided to build the 1 story. I have been on job sites of both that were built in the Pickwick Lake area of Tennessee.

WHO here has built the home or has ideas about the home? I just love the way the house flows.

Thanks,

Blue

SDR

Post by SDR »

An excellent question, Blue. Welcome, and I hope one or more responses to your post will be forthcoming . . .

SDR

Michael Shuck

1997 Life Dream House

Post by Michael Shuck »

I'm still having trouble getting private email messages here on the site to work properly. Member "dance dark" sent me private email here on the site that I can read but when I write an email back to the sender and send, nothing happens, so I am unsure anyone is getting my replies about the Wright Dream House. Some people have specific issues in regards to the Rattenbury design and want private replies.

Any questions or replies to me should be sent to:

Mikeshuck2001 a t yahoo dot com (Pretty incredible crypto, huh?) ok, you figure out how to reconstruct this so the bots don't notice it). Send your private concerns to me at this email address.

Thanks, folks!

Mike

SDR

Post by SDR »

Hi, Mike -- sorry to hear of the trouble. Same thing happened to someone else recently, I think.

I recall that, early on, I wasn't getting replies to PMs here. It turned out that my messages were still in my Outbox, rather than in the Sentbox, where they
would be if they had been read by the recipient. Don't know if that's worth anything.

Meanwhile, it's good to hear from you ! All's well, I hope . . .

SDR

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

The "You Have A New Message" notice is so easy to overlook, that I often don't realize someone has sent me a message until days or weeks or months later. Where is Meg Ryan when you need her?

SDR

Post by SDR »

Yes; I don't even recall where that notice is posted . . .

?

SDR

dancedark

Post by dancedark »

FYI I did get the PM from Michael Shuck and responded by regular e-mail.

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

Upstate NY has some very handsome stone. The Reisley House is a good instance of fine stonework in the area (toward the southern end). This example is greatly enhanced by the stone, but the WHITE interior, which cannot have been TAA's choice, does it no favor.

DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

That is certainly superior to the typical McMansion, but on its own merits, it is a heavy house.

SDR

Post by SDR »

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

SDR, I imagine your point is that the chapel is not unlike the dream house?
I would disagree on that point.