Wright Chat

FAQ FAQ Register Register
Search Search Profile Profile
Memberlist Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages
Usergroups Usergroups Log in Log in

>> Return to SaveWright Home Page

FLW's Banff Pavilion to be rebuilt
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KayFrancis

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, you could have simply looked back the in thread, but for your convenience, I'll save you the trouble.

"I see this as a business model that is failing financially..."

"All the complexities should be addressed before advertising for free labor..."

"I'm afraid that this effort is being run by a group that doesn't understand 'fundraising 101'...."

And my personal favorite:

"The concept of an architect working for free to recreate a FLW building is bizarre and a formula for disaster. By and large you get what you pay for......No competent architect will agree to work for the two years it will take to do the project for free. I doubt that an incompetent will agree to that, but they may have success in recruiting an incompetent architect doing a [half-assed] job that will result in a [half-assed] building built by a [half-assed] contractor. For what purpose? If they found a free architect, fundraising would be next to impossible and the results would be grossly embarrassing and mocked in the media."

And the predictable response from my dear friend SDR:

"Bravo".

I look forward to your publicly posted letter to the Ryerson team calling them incompetent. In the meantime, as I actually have a life, I will not be checking this chat room regularly, until of course, the next positive story is published about the progress of the Pavilion. But the rest of you dear friends enjoy talking about your complete mastery of the English language.
SDR

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay Francis, I imagine at this point that some of my fellow readers are asking themselves, "Who is this Kay Francis ? What is her interest in this
project ?"

We have your record of posts, of course; that's easy to find here by clicking on your name. But there's nothing in the record to tell us something about
you -- so that we could know who we're dealing with, you understand ?

I'm not your "dear friend" yet, but I hold out hope that we could get along -- at least. Let's assume for the moment that you could become a trusted and
treasured member of the Wright community, as represented, in part, by this forum.

Peter asked, in response to your last post, "Which criticisms have been “proven completely wrong”?" -- a question I'd like to see answered, too.
You restate some of the criticisms that have been posted so far. Do you intend to address them ? You seem to be "in the know" about the project,
so, do you have answers for the Doubting Thomases among us ?

Can you answer any of the questions that architect DRN posted, above ? He mentions reasonable and pertinent technical issues that the architectural
team must be dealing with, and that, if addressed convincingly here, might assuages some of the obvious angst.

If you're not in a position to respond to any or all of those queries, perhaps you could suggest to whom we should address our concerns ?

SDR
Roderick Grant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, "flwromanza" is a documentarian. Is he, Michael Miner, associated with this endeavor professionally? Exactly what, beyond regurgitating a long-gone building, is afoot?
KayFrancis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not any more in the about the project than you, except that I read the articles all the way through. For example, it shouldn’t be that tough for you to track down the people you want to answer your questions at
http://flwrevivalinitiative.org/
peterm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay- We all wish this project well. But history shows that architecture built after the passing of the architect, or the reconstruction of historical buildings which have been razed has been fraught with difficulty. And the results are typically compromised, at best.

To observe the development of a project like this without a healthy amount of skepticism is simply naive. Critical thinking need not be feared; in fact, it might be of benefit to the final results of the project.

I wonder why you seem so belligerent as a response to our curiosity? You seem intent on scolding us for not being aware, when in reality some of us here have been trying to keep up with the scant news surrounding this project.

We do want it to succeed!
SDR

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1
DRN

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay, thanks for sharing the link to the FLW Revival Initiative website...I don't recall that link being noted on this thread or in the previously linked articles prior to this.
Healeyjet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my signed numbered copy of the print a while back. I am not sure the building will ever become a reality but being 8 hours away from where I live I thought I should at least buy a print.
Ward
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: