Wright Chat

FAQ FAQ Register Register
Search Search Profile Profile
Memberlist Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages
Usergroups Usergroups Log in Log in

>> Return to SaveWright Home Page

FLW's Banff Pavilion to be rebuilt
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KayFrancis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I’m the same. My first name is Elaine, but I got the nickname
Kay when Iwas younger after the actress Kay Francis.

I’m not really much into the internet, and hearing about the Banff Pavilion project was the first thing that interested me in Frank Lloyd Wright beyond the Lockridge clinic that was here in town. I got on here and the Wright attitude Facebook site to learn more about the progress of the Pavilion, but still haven’t branched out too much about his other buildings. Banff is close by, and I would like to visit it if it gets built.

I met Michael Miner when he was up here, and was very impressed by what he said, so I have become a fan of his, even though he seems to have rubbed a lot of other people the wrong way. I don’t come to this site much, because I find most of the conversations boring and technical, and the people kind of pompous. At least Wright Attitude has pictures and more interesting people on it, but I don’t post in conversation on other topics too much, because Idon’t really have anything bright to say about other buildings. So, at least right now, the Pavilion is about the only topic I’m interested in.
peterm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some folks with aliases have gone quite far, though one way or another, people have ways of uncovering the truth:

http://digg.com/2018/trump-john-barron-recordings

I’m not sure you’re helping the Banff Pavilion cause? What do you think, Elaine Kay Francis?
KayFrancis

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOW DARE YOU, PETER M.!!! What are you implying?!
peterm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
KayFrancis

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I had a feeling you were going to post just that, Ms. Lily Shakespeare. Well, here is some more protesting for you. I guess you’re used to some demure little shrinking violets that don’t stand up for themselves, but just quietly back down when arguing with a “man”. That’s not me. Maybe my feminine side doesn’t come through, but yours certainly does. I don’t even understand your argument. Because I am logged on to one site as Kay Francis, and another as my real name, I am posing as the actress who died 50 years ago?
I got into it with you “men” before, and am happy to oblige again if you want. Or maybe we could start another discussion about the English language, and try and out pretentious each other like before, dear friends.
peterm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pivot there!

Lives here?:
https://www.google.com/search?q=elaine+francis+whitefish+montana&source=lmns&bih=454&biw=320&client=safari&prmd=nmiv&hl=en-US&ved=2ahUKEwjSuO328KDgAhWGAN8KHUBnBNUQ_AUoAHoECAAQAw

From here?:
https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&hl=en-us&ei=sI9XXKuONOHdjwT1kJuwDA&q=elaine+francis+great+falls+montana&oq=elaine+francis+great+falls+montana&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-serp.3..35i39.61907.67584..68204...0.0..0.465.2057.16j3j4-1......0....1.........35i304i39j30i10.f1T8yairzIw

https://www.whitepages.com/name/Elaine-Francis

Every friend of Elaine Francis on Facebook is from the Wright community, none from your hometown, Whitefish, Montana. How odd...

Sadly, I’m just coming up empty Sad

How is life in Whitefish?
KayFrancis

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhh, now I get it. Sorry I was slow on the uptake.

Yes, I was also born in Kenya, my college records are under lock and key, and you can't get a copy of my birth certificate. You are really sick. I will alert Mr. Miner to this, I'm sure he will have something to say on the subject.
SDR

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt !

Interesting point: when was the last time that Mr Miner posted here -- under his own name ? What does he have to say about his colleague and defender Kay Francis ?

It's been a while since we had a poster call another poster "sick." Even our rowdiest long-time regulars have managed to avoid that sort of language . . . so far.

SDR
peterm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KayFrancis wrote:
Ohhh, now I get it. Sorry I was slow on the uptake.

Yes, I was also born in Kenya, my college records are under lock and key, and you can't get a copy of my birth certificate. You are really sick. I will alert Mr. Miner to this, I'm sure he will have something to say on the subject.

As a Wright homeowner, I would be happy to talk with him! Maybe we could even have a three way conference call, if you’re not busy visiting your family in Kenya. Have him Private Message me...
DRN

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Mr. Miner wants to promote his Wright related films to a targeted audience, he is not prohibited from doing so directly on Chat as far as I am aware.... others have done it without incident....no need for “surrogates”.
Not getting into online battles with, or in front of, potential consumers may help move the “merch” too.
peterm

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elaine Kay Francis- On second thought...even better! All three of you, Michael Miner, Frank Lloyd Wright Romanza, and you, Elaine, are welcome to visit us at the Lamberson house in Iowa. I’ll give you a tour, and we can discuss the Banff plans over coffee or dinner and wine!
flwromanza

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only will I not attend a dinner with you, Peter M, I would advise that we never be in the same room together at the same time. Why don't you take the money that your foolish gesture would cost, and instead donate it to a Frank Lloyd Wright building in need, the Spring house for example, and demonstrate that at least one of you on this forum will actually attempt to make a positive difference in the world?

For the record, I have met Kay Francis exactly once, during a visit to Whitefish, when she, and 2 other people, attended the council meeting where I spoke against the loss of the Lockridge clinic. I have corresponded with her a few times since, and I have given her advice on her relationship with this group. I hope she takes it.

And SDR, you never disappoint, always clueless. It's obviously escaped your notice that since discovering the uselessness of this chat room, I haven't posted on this forum for years prior to the recent slanderous comments made by Roderick Grant, and even then, never under my right name, but always under Frank Lloyd Wright Romanza. I also posted something recently that was deleted, presumably by the moderators, where I asked for information about the identity and whereabouts of Roderick Grant, so that we can serve him with notice of legal filings.

And this will officially be my last post here, but I will have someone continue monitoring the site for any other legally actionable misinformation being spread. I will be responding to, and clearing up, the rest of the inaccuracies being posted, on my facebook page next week.
Roderick Grant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flwromanza, unless you and Yew are one and the same, you have no standing to sue or threaten to sue anyone.

"And this will officially be my last post here...." We can only hope.
SDR

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm as susceptible as anyone to "Internet-itis," the tendency to speak to people online in a way that one would likely never do, face-to-face. That said,
perhaps it's time to allow our correspondent(s), who are clearly unhappy, if not actually in difficulty, to take their troubles elsewhere, and not belabor this
corner of Wrightdom with them ?

Encountering a ranting individual on the street, one must choose either to engage, or to ignore; "Can I do something to help this person, or should I
leave that to others more qualified ?" is probably the typical reaction. Surely, the helpful response is not to poke the poor fellow with a stick . . . ?

If I have made that mistake myself, this is the time to utter a mea culpa---and move on . . .

S
peterm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flwromanza- I’m so sorry that you won’t be able to make it to Lamberson for dinner and wine. Let me know if you change your mind. In the mean time, the offer still stands for Elaine, Kay Frances and Michael Miner.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: