Sure, we can call anything "Frank Lloyd Wright"

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
outside in

Post by outside in »

these house designs convince me that contemporary "connections" to FLW are overwhelmingly bad, and that any architect or builder claiming to do something "in the style of", etc. should be disbarred. The irony, of course, is that there are a number of Wright homes on the market that won't sell.

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

The first photo looked intriguing. The second photo, of the grand entrance, less so; one might expect to encounter a bellhop on the other side of the door. This is one of the worst houses to be listed on this thread.

DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

Wright-like or not, this is a very interesting house, especially inside. It doesn't need a FLW connection; it can stand on its own.

I like the Japanese feel of the interiors. They are very 'clean' and simple.

SDR

Post by SDR »

Photo 10, architect's signature with red square figure; photo 26, brick fireplace with cubic concrete hob; photo 32, corner window. The house may not need a Wright connection, but it has the clichés nevertheless . . .

S

DRN

Post by DRN »

Considering the vinyl and stucco clad wood and cardboard crap that has defaced much of Chester County PA, this house is a delight. It makes one think of Wright, particularly in some of its interior details, but it is not a cartoon in any sense, and is just fine on its own merits. I like the swoopy long hip down to the hunkered carport.

DavidC

Post by DavidC »

DavidC

Post by DavidC »

DavidC

Post by DavidC »

SDR

Post by SDR »

The only thing Wright about that is some decorative frills. Maybe it's catching . . .

S

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

One popular design fad I hate is the sigmoid light fixture (6, 16, 17) with pendant lights. The look cheap and contrived.

SDR

Post by SDR »

I've been fortunate to have missed that type, before now.

On the other hand, some deluxe modern homes are shown with surprising avante-garde dining-table fixtures that resemble mobiles; I like some of those . . .

S

DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Paolo Piva Architektur & Design signed Frank Lloyd Wright

A truly MIRACULOUS find! A book 'signed by Wright' (or, 'to Wright' - so confusing!!!) - that just happens to be published 40 years post-mortem!

David

SDR

Post by SDR »

"Inscribed (presumably by author)" (Paolo Piva)---so, maybe not that miraculous . . . but odd to inscribe a book to a dead person, unless perhaps in homage ?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/37017 ... bl_vppi_i2

S

DavidC

Post by DavidC »