Wright Chat

FAQ FAQ Register Register
Search Search Profile Profile
Memberlist Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages
Usergroups Usergroups Log in Log in

>> Return to SaveWright Home Page

Wright Plus 2006
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Was Wright Plus 2006 boring or splendid?
Boring
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Splendid
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 4

A Wright Homeowner

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim: Lord help you if you ever purchase a FLW fixer-upper. We'll expect to see you on the next house walk. Wink
allwrightythen1

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it that certain people on this message board tend to be so curmudgeonly? I'm pretty sure I woke up in America this morning, so I think people can do whatever they want when it comes to furnishing their house, FLW or otherwise. You may have a different opinion, but it's just that...an opinion.
JimM

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Wright Homeowner wrote:
Jim: Lord help you if you ever purchase a FLW fixer-upper. We'll expect to see you on the next house walk. Wink

Well, actually I'm an agnostic. Even if the Lord was gonna share the cost, I doubt I would ever be fortunate enough to own a Wright house. But I can assure you I would have no reason to be defensive about the interior fittings, regardless of my budget. I never said anyone who has taken on such a heroic effort need apologize for their choice of furnishings. And who cares what I think anyway?

rgrant started this!! I just agreed. Neutral
JimM

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

allwrightythen1 wrote:
Why is it that certain people on this message board tend to be so curmudgeonly? I'm pretty sure I woke up in America this morning, so I think people can do whatever they want when it comes to furnishing their house, FLW or otherwise. You may have a different opinion, but it's just that...an opinion.

Why is it that some people on this board tend to be so judgemental? "...America...?" This has come to be about the cherished "right to have unsympathetic sensibilities"?. I now realize that I utterly failed in making the simple point I thought I did.

Curmudgeonly would actually be criticizing rather than contributing to the banter. Nobody has to agree, it's just discussion.

Well, yes. That's all I was giving was an opinion.
allwrightythen1

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimM wrote:
Why is it that some people on this board tend to be so judgemental?

Hmmm...That seems to be the $64,000 question...I think you started with what could be construed as a judgemental observation...
JimM

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="allwrightythen1"]
JimM wrote:
...I think you started with what could be construed as a judgemental observation...

One final volley per my original post: I would construe that "billiard tables (in the context noted by rgrant), Op art, and Mies chairs" are incongruent in a Wright house as being an obvious, not a judgemental, observation.

To each his own (decor), that's why they make chocolate & vanilla! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: