Wright Chat

FAQ FAQ Register Register
Search Search Profile Profile
Memberlist Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages
Usergroups Usergroups Log in Log in

>> Return to SaveWright Home Page

Spam problems again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackless

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Spam problems again Reply with quote

why can't something be done? the spam is getting out of hand again; almost enought to make this forum worthless.

please just change it so that only registered users can post.
Richard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It actually hasn't been that bad lately. Some of us are using "spam" as the user name so that the admin gets to it easier and we the users don't need to open up the junk and waste time. I feel that this has really helped me with not wasting time.
JimM

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has helped, Richard, thanks for the effort!

I'm still for registration, since many who participate visit often. I'd like to think the purpose of this site was not only to make it easier attracting new hits, but to make it a good experience for everyone; especially those interested enough to register. We don't get other benefits of membership without paying, so I don't quite get the argument against it. There are many sites I ignore when asked to register depending how bad I want to see the content.

Those overly obsesssed with privacy would be better served not even logging on to the internet!
Jason

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread gave me a nice chuckle. Some of you know why.

I also see now that this site now requires registration. Has anyone accused them of malicious intent yet?
jackless

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no...because the "guest" won't register and hence can't post messages, so i doubt we ever hear from that paranoid individual again.

although someone did regsiter to post a couple of spam messages the other day about a job or something. some people just have no class
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: