Wright Chat

FAQ FAQ Register Register
Search Search Profile Profile
Memberlist Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages
Usergroups Usergroups Log in Log in

>> Return to SaveWright Home Page

New Frank Lloyd Wright fonts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guest99

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: New Frank Lloyd Wright fonts? Reply with quote

Picked up some news from what appears to be a relatively new website: www.prairiemod.com

The folks over there are saying that P22 is working on a new font. Has anyone else heard about this? I have to say that I'm a bit bored with the other 3 they already put out. They are sadly getting overused.

BTW, has anyone heard of a mystery font that was put out using the Unity Temple lettering style? I'd like to get my hands on that.
Guest75

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was more info on the Unity Temple font at that site: www.prairiemod.com
Guest99

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks
gwd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: fonts related to wright Reply with quote

i understand that you are bored with the p22 fonts and agree that the "unity" font would be nice to resurrect. here's another font suggestion that is far from boring and has a flw connection in a round-about sort of way:

Architectuur NF

Letterpress type, crafted by H. Th. Wijdeveld, founding editor and chief designer of the legendary Dutch art and architecture magazine Wendingen, provided the inspiration for this typeface. The original design graced a 1925 issue examining the work of Frank Lloyd Wright, and Wijdeveld created his typeface by assembling bits of standard brass rules. This version features several of the meanders typical of Wijdeveld
Unity Temple

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Unity Font Reply with quote

In answer to questions regarding the Unity font - this was developed by a volunteer who is a graphic designer.

There were problems with the copyright and some of the software so you will not see this specific product again but we are working on a new, improved version.

Call 708-383-8873 or e-mail info@utrf.org if you would like more information of the Unity Font or other UT related issues.

Thanks --
BWW

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Unity Font Reply with quote

erban wrote:

Thank you to the good people over at Unity Temple for solving the font mystery! We eagerly await any new fonts based on Mr. Wright's work and we'll keep the public informed at www.prairiemod.com.

Thank you. I'm enjoying the new website that you all have.
PrairieMod

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new Frank Lloyd Wright font discussed originally in this post has been released. You can read about it at www.PrairieMod.com

What is everyone's reaction to the new font? Has anyone purchased it yet? If you could suggest a FLLW source to have a typeface developed around, what would it be?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: