Wright Chat

FAQ FAQ Register Register
Search Search Profile Profile
Memberlist Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages
Usergroups Usergroups Log in Log in

>> Return to SaveWright Home Page

F L W house beeing moved to Pennsylvania

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAB

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: F L W house beeing moved to Pennsylvania Reply with quote

does anyone know the progress of this move and has construction started?
jackmax

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, if you scrolled down the list of topics, you would see one addressing this exact same topic....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jackmax wrote:
You know, if you scrolled down the list of topics, you would see one addressing this exact same topic....

REOWRR!

someone's a little hostile and catty today...
jackmax

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, justs can't understand why someone would ask a question that is already staring them in the face. That's the problem with society today; everyone is just too lazy and wants everything handed to them.

It's not like it would have taken more time to scroll thru the forum than to type the question and post it.

It wouldn't have taken that much more time to google it and get the answer for oneself.

I realize there is "no such thing as a stupid question" except maybe asking the same question immediately after someone else just asked it.

Hey...at least I pointed him to the answer to his question, which is more than anyone else did (including you).

As was mentioned elsewhere, if you don't have anything constructive to add to the conversation, then maybe it's best to stay out of the conversation.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jackmax wrote:
No, justs can't understand why someone would ask a question that is already staring them in the face. That's the problem with society today; everyone is just too lazy and wants everything handed to them.

It's not like it would have taken more time to scroll thru the forum than to type the question and post it.

It wouldn't have taken that much more time to google it and get the answer for oneself.

wait, i thought you just said "no" there was no hostility behind your answer...for no catty-ness or hostility you just unleashed quite a tirade on the laziness of today's society.

it was immediately obvious that this is the spirit in which you answered the question initially.

jackmax wrote:

Hey...at least I pointed him to the answer to his question, which is more than anyone else did (including you).

...that's because you had already condescendingly pointed him there by the time i visited the thread.

jackmax wrote:

As was mentioned elsewhere, if you don't have anything constructive to add to the conversation, then maybe it's best to stay out of the conversation.

you can also be constructive without being a jerk.

perhaps it's also better to stay out of the conversation if you're only helping someone to give yourself an opportunity point out how lazy and stupid they are. your solution to people wanting things handed to them is, (apparently): hand it to them anyway and get a little barb in for your own satisfaction while you do it.

now, ask yourself: was replying to my initial commentary on your snotty post constructive? if not, then maybe it's best to stay out of the conversation from here on out...let's see if you can manage to do it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It must be so nice to be so omniscient about the motives and intents of other people. You must be a psychiatrist, or else in need of one Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
apboy2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Well, there you are!"
justcurious

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have paged down and cannot find any info on a FLW house being moved to PA. Can someone who is not childish and catty give me some insight into this? I found the last interchange ridiculous, and was astounded when I could not find the post.
Wrightgeek

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: F L W house beeing moved to Pennsylvania Reply with quote

To make a long story short, the Duncan Residence was an Erdman prefab plan by FLW designed in 1957 I believe, and was built in Lisle, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago.

The area where this relatively modest home was built became very desirable to developers of very large and expensive new homes by the early 21st century, and when Mr. Duncan, who still lived in the house, passed away a few years ago, the property was purchased by a builder who planned to tear the house down to replace it with several larger and more expensive new homes.

At the last minute, a deal was struck which allowed the Duncan Residence to be disassembled and donated to an individual who pledged to move the house to the Johnstown, PA area, where it was to be reassembled and then made available to the public to be toured and used for educational purposes.

As of yet, I am not aware that any progress have been made towards the reconstruction of the house in the Johnstown area, although the disassembled parts have made their way there are presently in some state of storage.

If anyone out there can provide additional or updated information, please feel free to do so. Until then, I hope this helps and answers at least some of the previous poster's questions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: