Wright Chat

FAQ FAQ Register Register
Search Search Profile Profile
Memberlist Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages
Usergroups Usergroups Log in Log in

>> Return to SaveWright Home Page

William P. Boswell Home

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pdean

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: William P. Boswell Home Reply with quote

Notice that William P. Boswell home in Indian Hill Ohio is still on the market. I'm afraid I've grown very fond of this home based on the pictures presented in the "Wright on the Market" section of the site. Does anyone know what the owner is listing the home for? No price showing. Also, where is Indian Hills Ohio??

thanks.

Pdean.
pharding

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indian Hill, Ohio is northeast suburban Cincinnati. Until I was in the fourth grade, I grew up several miles from there. Indian Hills is extremely beautiful.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lived in the Cincinnati area in the early 80s. At the time, Indian Hill was a wealthy, established suburb with a top rated school district. Many business owners, doctors and P&G top execs lived there. The estates are beautiful, and probably expensive to maintain, so I doubt the character of the neighborhood has changed much with the passage of time.
Rare.Form.Designs

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called the listing agent went it first appeared................I thought he said around 4 million.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Indian Hill Ohio Reply with quote

It looks really pretty there. 4 million.....Wow! I guess if you have to ask, your not in the market..

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The refurbishing of this home is very nice. The kitchen, although altered, is beautiful, but I wonder about lining the family up facing the appliances like a diner. This kitchen was featured in a kitchen magazine last fall.

Question is, the ceilings throughout the house appear very white in color on the photos. I would imagine that FLLW would have specified more of an eggshell color, lending a much more gentle and warm feeling to the spaces below. Has anyone seen this house, and are the ceilings pure white? If so, did Wright ever specify pure white for his interiors?

Doug Kottum, Battle Lake, MN
av8r1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Paint Reply with quote

Very good observation Doug. I had to go back and take another look at the photos after reading your comments. Every thing I've ever read about FLW indicates that he favored natural colors in wood staining and paints. Those ceilings are anything but natural. Wouldn't this type of restoration have a negative impact on the home's value?

Pdean.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand celing colors were supposed to be a "buff" color.....whatever that is. Also, it is supposed to have a sand texture. I assume sand is mixed in with the paint.
Wrightgeek

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI-

Buff is a shade of yellowish/gold, a warm color with hints of brown.

Hope that helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: