Wright Chat

FAQ FAQ Register Register
Search Search Profile Profile
Memberlist Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages
Usergroups Usergroups Log in Log in

>> Return to SaveWright Home Page

Oboler Property

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Oboler Property Reply with quote

Did anyone go on the tour to the Arch Oboler property in Malibu when the annual conference was out here in Los Angeles in October?? What is the status of what is going on at the Oboler property?? There are newer survey stacks but ??
Wrightgeek

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Arch Obeler Reply with quote

I did attend the tour which went to Arch Obeler, and based on what I saw, the buildings for the most part are in very poor condition. There is a caretaker who lives on the property, more for security purposes than anything else from what I saw. I believe the current owner lives in England?

Eric Lloyd Wright met us at the property, and discussed the owner's plans for the property, which sound as though they may start relatively soon, and involve the restoration of the existing buildings as well as the construction of a new building to be designed by ELW, who will oversee the entire project.

Hope that helps. Maybe someone else who was there can add to or correct my recollections.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: