Luis and Ethel Marden House on my web site.

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
Peter Beers

Luis and Ethel Marden House on my web site.

Post by Peter Beers »

Hey folks.

I've added the Marden house to my web site. It is amazing how it took me so many years to get photos of a Wright home that is 5 miles from my home. It is strange, but true.

Luis Marden House.

Hope y'all had a great weekend.

Pete

SWSinDC

Marden House

Post by SWSinDC »

Peter: LOVE your website. Thank you on behalf of all FLLW fans for making the treks we all would love to take and bringing back the photos for us to enjoy. Did you see the recent Washington Post story on the Marden House?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01228.html?

SWSinDC

Marden House

Post by SWSinDC »

Oops, apparently you did, as it is quoted extensively on your website. Thanks.

Peter Beers

Post by Peter Beers »

Thanks! I appreciate the comments. It is amazing how updating your web site once or twice per year bumps up your Google ratings. ;)

As you saw, I did read that article. It made me mad. I'd done about half my research on the Marden house and then I found that article and the author said it all so much better than I could have. Me like use big werds like dat. ;)

Thanks for the comments. I'm working a few hours every night on a complete re-org of the site. Fixing up something as huge as my web site has become is a big undertaking. Just out of curiousity, I decided to log my hours working on this project. I've got about 60 hours in on the new web site since December 20th. I'm glad I enjoy it so much. :D

Take care,

Pete