Heinz and Storrer guides to Wright sites

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
hertz

Heinz and Storrer guides to Wright sites

Post by hertz »

I have posted on the www.wrightinracine.com web site an overview of William Allin Storrer's well-known "The Architecture of Frank Lloyd Wright - A Complete Catalog," and Thomas A. Heinz's new "Frank Lloyd Wright Field Guide." I welcome your participation in the discussion.

rgrant

Post by rgrant »

I read your article about Storrer vs Heinz. I have not seen Tom's guide, but the main difference as to use on the road seems to be organization by geography as opposed to chronology. Actually, Storrer does both. In the back of the Storrer guide, everything is listed in zip code order. Can't get much more geographical than that. (I was going to post this on your site, but it asks for a password, which I know I have, but for the life of me I cannot remember. I have too many damn passwords; five just to do my job!)

hertz

Post by hertz »

Storrer does, indeed, list by Zip Code in back, but you then have to jump back and forth to see the photos and read his text. That makes the body of the book easier to use if you do not feel the need to view in "S-number" order. The only password you should need on the website is type in the three letters and three numbers shown at the bottom of the Comments section. I am not aware of any passwords required, nor should there be any. I will try to post your note from here onto the site for you.

Mark Hertzberg

The Vision of Frank LLoyd Wright

Post by Guest »

May I also suggest "The Vision of Frank LLoyd Wright." by Heinz. A fantastic reference to FLW homes with insites into original clients. Color photo's of each property. Would not classify this work as a guide as Heinz chose to leave out specific directions, but does include the city. Still a great addition to any FLW collection.

Pdean