Willey house article in OHJ

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
sjnorris

Willey house article in OHJ

Post by sjnorris »

There is a nice article on the Willey house in the October issue of Old House Journal

ozwrightfan

Post by ozwrightfan »

Would you be able to post it?

DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Thanks for posting this.

I picked up the magazine the other day and it's a nice, short article on some of the challenges, solutions and repairs faced by the homeowners and their contractor.

From the News section of the Willey House web site, it appears that there will be a sister article sometime this winter relating to the kitchen rehab.

Willey is a very special FLW home and I offer many thanks to the Sikoras for their time, care, concern and expenditure going into this heartfelt rehab.

David

edit = removal of misinformation
Last edited by DavidC on Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wrightgeek

Post by Wrightgeek »

TnGuy-

I think that if you revisit the website for the Willey House, you will find that the open house you mentioned in your last post actually took place on October 7, 2007, and will not happen in October 2008.

When I saw your post, I thought I recalled that an open house had already taken place, so I thought I would check it out.

Thanks for trying to make the forum members aware of an upcoming event, and by all means please continue to post events that you find as they come up, as that is a valuable benefit for all here on the forum. I just wanted to make sure that no one made plans for this event before finding out that it had already occured.

Wrightgeek

Post by Wrightgeek »

edit = dbl post
Last edited by Wrightgeek on Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DavidC

Post by DavidC »

WG:

I do believe you are correct about that - and thank you very much for pointing that out to me. I'd hate for there to be any confusion and I wouldn't want to see expectations raised that can't be met.

With that in mind, I'll edit the above post to remove the incorrect information.

David

Paul Ringstrom

Post by Paul Ringstrom »

Here is the article on the Wiley House restoration:

http://www.oldhousejournal.com/restorin ... azine/1537

SDR

Post by SDR »

What a great article ! A labor of love, revealed. . .

SDR

peterm

Post by peterm »

very impressive, a model restoration...

snorris-

i hope i can eventually come close to this with lamberson. i will bookmark this article documenting your patience and care, and whenever i want to cut some corners, reread it!

SDR

Post by SDR »

Inadequate design and detail, faulty communication and questionable construction all seem to have had a place in this story. The glory of it all is that, despite these seemingly fatal flaws, yet another Wright building is found to have been worthy of the trouble, surviving into its maturity with a renewed body and an intact spirit. . .

SDR

D. Shawn Beckwith

Very well Done

Post by D. Shawn Beckwith »

Stanford, Steve, Lynette & Joshua great article and keeping the spirit alive on The Willey. Yes Cousin Nan and FLW are shining on you and your attention to detail.

D. Shawn Beckwith
Project Manager of the Burton J. Westcott House
The Durable Restoration Company
www.DurableRestoration.com