Rosenbaum NOT for sale

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
FTA

Rosenbaum NOT for sale

Post by FTA »

I have been in communication with Barbara Broach, who was instrumental in the restoration of Rosenbaum and co-authored the book, Frank Lloyd Wright's Rosenbaum House: The Birth and Rebirth of an American Treasure.

I had encouraged her to read the dialogue ensuing about the prospect of Rosenbaum being for sale. Afterward, she replied ...

"Thank you so very much for the reply and for giving the site to read other's comments about the quote by a local Mayoral candidate. .... I appreciate hearing what folks are saying .... the house is fine and not in peril and neither is the City of Florence...we are in the middle of building a 15 million sports complex .... repaving all the city streets, building a river walk ..... all things cities do without when the are in financial trouble .... "

We will have the honor of meeting Barbara next Wednesday when we tour the Rosenbaum house. My parents had the privilege of visiting the Rosenbaum house when Mildred Rosenbaum still lived there. Barbara commented personally, "Your parents were lucky to get a tour by Mimi Rosenbaum, she was the best."

With all Barbara has devoted to the restoration, I suspect she could well be considered "next best!"
Last edited by FTA on Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former Taliesin Apprentice

SDR

Post by SDR »

Thanks. That's the kind of good news and close communion that Wright Chat thrives on.

Now, enjoy that second-generation Rosenbaum tour. And (as always) "let us in the back door" afterward. . .!

SDR

hypnoraygun

Post by hypnoraygun »

That is Great news! Enjoy the tour! It is an amazing home!...

SDR

Post by SDR »

Ah -- yours is the photoset I remember. Thanks !

SDR