To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
RJH

Post by RJH »

Last edited by RJH on Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JimM

Post by JimM »

I think that's the model of the Gerald Loeb House, a Jester variant, set up at Taliesin West.

Yeah, trash.

DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Go with eBay ..... and use the "Buy It Now Option" to allow instant consumer gratification.

Be sure the listing mentions that even though you highly believe that FLW's writing is on them ("though, I'm no expert on this. I just don't know!"), that you equally believe they may be garbage ("I'm no expert on this, either. I just don't know!") and therefore may toss them away at your whim.

Oh, and don't forget to tell potential bidders how they will be rescuing the future of Haynes by their purchase - you might want to advise them to "Please, bid strongly otherwise I can't be sure of the house's future. I just don't know!"

For a real deal, offer 'Free Shipping' if they also happen to be the lucky high bidder for the museum quality FLW golf ball - (or, is that item "Probably just garbage", too??? ... so confusing).

And make sure to post this latest eBay listing here at Wright Chat, too. I hope I'm not being too bold by suggesting that all of us would be devastated if we were to miss the opportunity to view and bid on such an historically important item.

And you (as well as each of us) know and appreciate the joy that such things as this brings to Wright Chat.

David

RA

Post by RA »

Amen.

SDR

Post by SDR »

Exactly.

Funny that these have been buried at Haynes all this time ? They're nice to see. That was quite a model. Anybody know of its present whereabouts ?

Why not show the writing, and let the potential purchaser make up his own mind about its author and origin ? (Be sure to make a blurry photo, so nobody can copy it !)

SDR

therman7g

Walthy stockbroker Gerald Loeb....

Post by therman7g »

Wright laid out a jigsaw puzzle of pierced roofs, gardens, lawns, curving walls and pools. The circular swimming pool, hollowed out around the edge, has columns under water as well as above, enclosing a glassed-in submarine garden. Said Wright: "The average swimming pool looks to me like a glorified bathtub.

Time:
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/artic ... hix-sphere

http://books.google.com/books?id=L2BMt1 ... A1-PA30,M1

RJH

Post by RJH »

Last edited by RJH on Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SDR

Post by SDR »

Information is just a click away.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_F._Hutton

SDR

RJH

Post by RJH »

Last edited by RJH on Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SDR

Post by SDR »

Read it again. . .

"E. F. Hutton & Co. was an American stock brokerage firm founded in 1904 by Edward Francis Hutton, his brother Franklyn Laws Hutton, and Gerald M. Loeb. Under their leadership, it became. . ."

Brothers with different last names are not unheard of, but. . .

SDR

RJH

Post by RJH »

Last edited by RJH on Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RJH

Post by RJH »

Last edited by RJH on Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deke

Post by Deke »

Do everyone a favor and post some high res images to an FTP sight. I'd like to download copies of the photos (in focus) for further study.

Seems like a very impressive model...with such detail to the interior. Did all his projects get this treatment?

Deke

SDR

Post by SDR »

I expect you're going to be asked to buy them if you want a good look ! (Then you can be the magnanimous Wright Chat member who shares them with the community.)

Scholarship and monetary gain are old adversaries, unfortunately -- and unnecessarily, as the content of the photos, and the fabric of the original prints, have separate and distinguishable value.

SDR

RJH

Post by RJH »

Last edited by RJH on Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.