Wright Movie

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
guestnow

Post by guestnow »

and the tag line for Oliver Stone's movie: "They thought he was building buildings, but he was really laying the foundation for the New World Order."

Spring Green

Post by Spring Green »

"They thought he was building buildings, but he was really laying the foundation for the New World Order."

Oh, he already did that. It's called "Broadacre City."

SWSinDC

The FLLW Movie

Post by SWSinDC »

Love the Bruckheimer/Stone posts!

A few more Fallingwater casting ideas: Adrien Brody as Junior, Felicity Huffman as Liliane, Vincent D'Onofrio as EJ (no real physical resemblance, but he could certainly play the complicated man).

guestnow

Post by guestnow »

Don't forget Clint Howard as someone in the background in the drafting room. You'll be able to pick him out: he'll be the one picking his ears with the drafting pencils.

PNB

Post by PNB »

Has anyone heard anything recently about this movie's status?

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

Only that Felicity Huffman has been cast as Edgar, Jr.

JimM

Post by JimM »

Roderick Grant wrote:Only that Felicity Huffman has been cast as Edgar, Jr.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mobius

Post by Mobius »

Anonymous wrote:I challenge anyone to deny Gary Oldham the role of Wright.

Yeah - Gary is an extremely fine actor who would be more than able to accurately portray Frank, and I would suggest at ANY age, also.
How many escape pods are there? "NONE, SIR!" You counted them? "TWICE, SIR!"

*Plotting to take over the world since 1965

Rob

Post by Rob »

I think a much more interesting film will come from the soon to be released book on the Fellowship.

Richard

Post by Richard »

I just wonder if the Falingwater and Fellowship angles are too narrow for a mass marketed "major motion picture." Many successful film bios have looked at the entire life of an individual unless nothing was going on at an early age. Wright had a very compelling story right from the beginning up until he died... Cher as Olgivanna? Channel Mason Williams for the very young Wright?
Homeowner

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

Svetlanna described Olga's face as shriveled and yellow, like old parchment, which was accurate when I saw her ten years earlier. That may be what Cher would look like if she hadn't had such a great team of surgeons, but now she is too old to play Olga in her youth and too taut to play her in old age.

JimM

Post by JimM »

Richard wrote:I just wonder if the Falingwater and Fellowship angles are too narrow for a mass marketed "major motion picture." Many successful film bios have looked at the entire life of an individual unless nothing was going on at an early age. Wright had a very compelling story right from the beginning up until he died... Cher as Olgivanna? Channel Mason Williams for the very young Wright?

Agreed. Wright's life offers more fodder for entertainment than just about anyone you could think of. A Fallingwater focus would mainly help with marketing, since it probably is the easiest connection to Wright for the masses. But once a more complete story unfolded, I'm sure it would find a good sized audience.

Cher? In a parallell universe, maybe. But too bad Sonny isn't still available. What a pair those two would make as a parody, which would probably be more successful than a serious biopic.

"I got you Frrraaaaaank! You little twerp." ....."So what if you're taller than me, I'm the genius!" Rimshot. "Our next guest, Georgei Guurdjieff!"

Richard

Post by Richard »

What was I thinking. I can't believe I missed the Sonny idea. Remove the mustache, apply a bit of pancake makeup and there you are.

By the way, you may give the public too much credit. Recognition of FLW is one thing, Fallingwater is another. It never ceases to amaze me the number of people who have been through this house to work on it or for various other reasons who have had no idea who FLW was. And many of these people are quite bright and are from Illinois or Wisconsin.
Homeowner

jrdet10

the Masses

Post by jrdet10 »

Before we started our tour of the Dana-Thomas House the docent was giving her spiel and explained how FLW's intent "was to bring the outdoors indoors." A blue-haired lady, who might have made a wrong turn at the Lincoln Residence, remarked to her companion, "That don't make no sense."

This has become one of the enduring catchphrases of our marriage.
"Well, there you are!"