Wright Chat

FAQ FAQ Register Register
Search Search Profile Profile
Memberlist Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages
Usergroups Usergroups Log in Log in

>> Return to SaveWright Home Page

Wright Movie
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guestnow

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and the tag line for Oliver Stone's movie: "They thought he was building buildings, but he was really laying the foundation for the New World Order."
Spring Green

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"They thought he was building buildings, but he was really laying the foundation for the New World Order."

Oh, he already did that. It's called "Broadacre City."
SWSinDC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: The FLLW Movie Reply with quote

Love the Bruckheimer/Stone posts!

A few more Fallingwater casting ideas: Adrien Brody as Junior, Felicity Huffman as Liliane, Vincent D'Onofrio as EJ (no real physical resemblance, but he could certainly play the complicated man).
guestnow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget Clint Howard as someone in the background in the drafting room. You'll be able to pick him out: he'll be the one picking his ears with the drafting pencils.
PNB

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone heard anything recently about this movie's status?
Roderick Grant

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only that Felicity Huffman has been cast as Edgar, Jr.
JimM

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roderick Grant wrote:
Only that Felicity Huffman has been cast as Edgar, Jr.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Mobius

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I challenge anyone to deny Gary Oldham the role of Wright.

Yeah - Gary is an extremely fine actor who would be more than able to accurately portray Frank, and I would suggest at ANY age, also.

*Plotting to take over the world since 1965
Rob

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a much more interesting film will come from the soon to be released book on the Fellowship.
Richard

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wonder if the Falingwater and Fellowship angles are too narrow for a mass marketed "major motion picture." Many successful film bios have looked at the entire life of an individual unless nothing was going on at an early age. Wright had a very compelling story right from the beginning up until he died... Cher as Olgivanna? Channel Mason Williams for the very young Wright?
Roderick Grant

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Svetlanna described Olga's face as shriveled and yellow, like old parchment, which was accurate when I saw her ten years earlier. That may be what Cher would look like if she hadn't had such a great team of surgeons, but now she is too old to play Olga in her youth and too taut to play her in old age.
JimM

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard wrote:
I just wonder if the Falingwater and Fellowship angles are too narrow for a mass marketed "major motion picture." Many successful film bios have looked at the entire life of an individual unless nothing was going on at an early age. Wright had a very compelling story right from the beginning up until he died... Cher as Olgivanna? Channel Mason Williams for the very young Wright?

Agreed. Wright's life offers more fodder for entertainment than just about anyone you could think of. A Fallingwater focus would mainly help with marketing, since it probably is the easiest connection to Wright for the masses. But once a more complete story unfolded, I'm sure it would find a good sized audience.

Cher? In a parallell universe, maybe. But too bad Sonny isn't still available. What a pair those two would make as a parody, which would probably be more successful than a serious biopic.

"I got you Frrraaaaaank! You little twerp." ....."So what if you're taller than me, I'm the genius!" Rimshot. "Our next guest, Georgei Guurdjieff!"
Richard

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was I thinking. I can't believe I missed the Sonny idea. Remove the mustache, apply a bit of pancake makeup and there you are.

By the way, you may give the public too much credit. Recognition of FLW is one thing, Fallingwater is another. It never ceases to amaze me the number of people who have been through this house to work on it or for various other reasons who have had no idea who FLW was. And many of these people are quite bright and are from Illinois or Wisconsin.
jrdet10

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: the Masses Reply with quote

Before we started our tour of the Dana-Thomas House the docent was giving her spiel and explained how FLW's intent "was to bring the outdoors indoors." A blue-haired lady, who might have made a wrong turn at the Lincoln Residence, remarked to her companion, "That don't make no sense."

This has become one of the enduring catchphrases of our marriage.
Quote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: