Wright Chat

FAQ FAQ Register Register
Search Search Profile Profile
Memberlist Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages
Usergroups Usergroups Log in Log in

>> Return to SaveWright Home Page

Anita Fern Store in Dallas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pepsigns

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Anita Fern Store in Dallas Reply with quote

I recently had the opportunity to attend the opening of Anita Fern in Dallas. What a spread! The build out of the space inside and out are wonderful. The owners and the architect worked to provide a retail space that pays tribute to the Wright prairie style. I loved the fireplace with the 60 year old never used roman bricks and if you go you must check out the bathrooms.

The balconies add to the sense of space in a way that give you the same feeling of layers of architecture you expect in a Wright building.

And by the way, the merchandise is a great mixture of Wright, Stickley, Roycrofters and others. A fun time for any one in the area!
manyfootplace

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Anita Fern store Dallas Texas Reply with quote

Good morning,
I have looked for this store online and have been unable to find a listing, address, etc. I saw a reference to the store on PBS. Do you have an address, phone number or anything else? Maybe I don't have the name of the store correct.
Thank you,
LuRuth Crawford Taylor
Paul Ringstrom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.anitafern.com/default.htm
rosalyndoe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Owners Reply with quote

Are the owners decendants of Anita?
Paul Ringstrom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from their website:
Aneita Fern is the matriach of our family and the inspiration for our store. In many ways, she shares the same values and passions as Gustav Stickley, the master craftsman who created the Stickley heirloom furniture collectibles. Aneita Fern and Gustav lived in the same era and both loved beauty in design, simplicity of form and the satisfaction that comes from owning generational pieces.

We hope to make every visit to Aneita Fern | Stickley a memorable one for each customer and we are certain the 'antique for the future' you purchase from us today will be part of your family for the next 100 years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: