Wright Chat

FAQ FAQ Register Register
Search Search Profile Profile
Memberlist Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages
Usergroups Usergroups Log in Log in

>> Return to SaveWright Home Page

IL FLLW House Move

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: IL FLLW House Move Reply with quote

Does anyone know what happend to the FLLW prefab house that was moved from IL to PA? Where is the house now????

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last I heard the building was instorage awaiting reconstruction. I think it was to be rebuilt by a college or community college construction training program or something similar.

It's supposed to be rebuilt somewhere in SW PA, not too far from Fallingwater and Kentuck Knob.

That's the last I heard and it's been awhile ago.

If anyone has any more recent info, please le us all know.

Here's a couple of old links...

http://www.nationaltrust.org/Magazine/archives/arc_news/041304.htm

http://www.savewright.org/wright_on_the_market/duncan/duncan.html

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04194/345321.stm
richard

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: relax Reply with quote

the response was a bit hostile in tone.

finding the message below unaided was non-obvious

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard - not sure we can tell what you mean. What do you mean? I see nothing hostile in the response, but maybe that's just me. Embarassed Embarassed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Richard - not sure we can tell what you mean. What do you mean? I see nothing hostile in the response, but maybe that's just me. Embarassed Embarassed

i think this reply was posted to the wrong thread.

i think this reply was actually intended for this thread:

http://www.savewright.org/talk/viewtopic.php?t=39

and, as i posted in that thread, it *was* a hostile reply.
Wrightgeek

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: IL FLLW House Move Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Does anyone know what happend to the FLLW prefab house that was moved from IL to PA? Where is the house now????

FYI-

Shown below is a very short news story I came across today updating the status of the Duncan Residence. Thought it might be of interest to some.

JOHNSTOWN, Pa. (AP) - Owners of a Frank Lloyd Wright house that was dismantled and brought here from Illinois still haven't been able to put the structure back together 10 months later.

Tim Baacke, a Johnstown resident and a school teacher who shares ownership of the structure, said he's still searching for the best spot for the 48-year-old home.

Baacke and Johnstown officials had planned to rebuild the house near a cemetery where officials have long wanted to built a botanical garden and visitors' center. But the other developments have been held up because no one has the $12 million to build them.

Wright designed the Duncan House based on a model meant for mass production, but only nine were built. The home was scheduled for demolition in Lisle, Ill., a Chicago suburb.

After a public plea from Chicago-based Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy, Baacke and Barry Gallagher obtained the home for free.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: