Wright Chat

FAQ FAQ Register Register
Search Search Profile Profile
Memberlist Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages
Usergroups Usergroups Log in Log in

>> Return to SaveWright Home Page

help me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madaket

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: help me Reply with quote

my friend claims to own a FLW home,,he says it was built in 1953 in Nasuha New Hampshire,,does anyone have any record of this home??

Thanks,

Madaket
Elaine W

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: research Reply with quote

The best source for this sort of information are two books by William Storrer: a large book with floor plans called "The Frank Lloyd Wright Companion" and a smaller one, more of a guide book, called "The Architecture of Frank Lloyd Wright."

Both books have the buildings arranged in roughly chronological order, with a geographical supplement in the back, so if you know the location but not the date, you can find where in the book it's listed.

I find two listings for New Hampshire, both in Manchester. One is the Zimmerman house from 1950, and the other is the Kalil house from 1955. If neither of these is the house your friend has, then it was probably not designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. However, there may be similar work by people associated with Wright (former students or former employees of his). This is a bit harder to research--start with your city or county offices that show land transactions, building permits, and the like, and you may be able to get the architects name. If you know who the original owners were, and they (or some family member) is still alive, you may get information that way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: