Wynant House in Gary

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
yokelwa

Wynant House in Gary

Post by yokelwa »

anyone with updates on the status and situation with this decrepit FLW house in Gary??

Wrightgeek

Wynant House in Gary

Post by Wrightgeek »

I stopped by this house in early November. There was a chain link fence around the entire perimeter of the corner lot the house occupies. A work crew was on the site, with scaffolding set up, and they were in the process of applying chicken wire and a "scratch coat" of stucco to the side of the building parallel to the side street.

I was only able to stop for about 10-15 minutes, and did not try to enter the building. While the condition of the building is poor, it appears as though someone has made some attempts to at least stabilize it. However, from the alley in the rear it does appear as though the attached one car garage could collapse without too much provocation.

Anyway, that's what I saw a couple of months ago, and these observations are nothing more than my perceptions of what I was able to see.

Hope some of this info is helpful to you.