Wright Chat

FAQ FAQ Register Register
Search Search Profile Profile
Memberlist Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages
Usergroups Usergroups Log in Log in

>> Return to SaveWright Home Page

The Inevitable Future of Chat: How to Save our Scholarship
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SDR

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The perfectly understandable stumbling block for would-be image posters is the necessity to establish a Web host. There are, or used to be, free host
sites; I pay a modest sum for an unlimited and easy-to-use host from Yahoo Small Business. There may be a Web host connected to your photo app;
otherwise search for one online. Perhaps the Cloud has changed the landscape there, for the better ?

The need for a host is the main reason that I offer the substitute of sending me images to post; I don't expect the casual or one-time poster to go to
the trouble of acquiring a Web host, and I happily do the task for prolific Wright Chatters as well.

Once a URL is assigned to an image, the procedure for posting here couldn't be simpler: above the "Post a message/reply" box (that we all use to post
messages) is the button Img. Hit that first, where you want the image to appear in your message; enter the image URL using copy-and-paste; hit the
button again. This places [img][/img] on either side of the URL, and it will appear on the page. (If necessary or convenient, the user can simply type the
[img][/img]---there's nothing magical about what the button does other than saving some typing.) But first, the image must be "hosted" . . .

S
pharding

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest hiring a intern to save every thread as a pdf and create an online book that is searchable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: