Kraus House Sections?

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
JJM2

Kraus House Sections?

Post by JJM2 »

Does anyone know if plan sections of the Kraus House have been published? I have elevations from Monograph #8 1951-59 and a plan from Jane King Hession's book about the home. Still on the hunt for the ever interesting sections. Thanks for any help you can provide.

SDR

Post by SDR »

Not readily available; I have not seen them in publication. It would be interesting to know if drawings exist at the site; many Wright owners seem to have had at least some drawing sheets among their possessions.

S

SDR

Post by SDR »

Here's a fluid and entertaining introduction to the house, its owners, and their replacements, along with a few anecdotes.

https://news.stlpublicradio.org/post/bo ... t#stream/0

As drawings are not plentiful, I was looking for interior images to take their place. Few of these seem in evidence, as well ...

https://www.stlmag.com/design/property/ ... arries-on/

https://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/hap ... c47d3.html

(Incredibly slow loading; there are five interior images of the house.)

S

SDR

Post by SDR »

The book, "The Frank Lloyd Wright House in Ebsworth Park" by Jane King Hession, out at least since 2015, is not shown at Amazon, and the few other
retailers (including the Kraus house shop) do not divulge the contents---so there seems no way to know if drawings not found elsewhere are included.

S

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

Jane King Hession seems to be on a roll. She has written several books on FLW, and one (which I believe she has yet to publish) on Elizabeth (Scheu) Close that would be interesting to anyone who might like International-Organic Architecture. Close was raised in the Scheu House by Adolph Loos, and seems to have been strongly affected by that experience ... but with a twist.