Wright Chat

FAQ FAQ Register Register
Search Search Profile Profile
Memberlist Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages
Usergroups Usergroups Log in Log in

>> Return to SaveWright Home Page

Shorewood Hills Unitarian Church Corner Bench only 2 made.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thomas

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:17 pm    Post subject: Shorewood Hills Unitarian Church Corner Bench only 2 made. Reply with quote

Shorewood Hills Unitarian Church Corner Bench only 2 made. Is this accurate?
I came across this bench on ebay. This seller has many Frank Lloyd rare pieces for sale. If only 2 of these were ever made why did the Church let this go, or why did it not go to the Foundation?
DavidC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ORIGINAL FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT UNITARIAN CHURCH CORNER STAGE SEAT BENCH ONLY 2 MADE

They made many of these benches for the church. And, quite often they can be found for sale. I picked one of these up about 10 or so years ago, still with the original cushions. I know that PeterM has (or, had) one, too.

This eBay seller's description seems to be a bit off the wall, somehow stating that he/she has "...all the remaining original benches chairs and tables".

David
Thomas

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David I have a low bench and a high bench, that I purchased from Geraldine Carr, she had purchased all the remaining benches chairs and tables. When I called her to see if she could sell me a table, and a chair, she told me she sold all the remaining pieces to a personal friend of hers. I never seen a corner bench, I should call Geraldine also to clarify this.
peterm

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems legit to me, though I can’t seem to picture where in the complex the corner bench would have been situated. Would it be what is shown in photograph #6 behind and to the right of the altar?

The floor plan might show.
peterm

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidC wrote:

They made many of these benches for the church. And, quite often they can be found for sale. I picked one of these up about 10 or so years ago, still with the original cushions. I know that PeterM has (or, had) one, too.

David

I have one chair. The corner bench looks authentic to me.

The rarity of the corner bench would probably increase its value, but the practicality of using it in any spot other than where it was originally intended makes it less desirable, I would think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: