Shorewood Hills Unitarian Church Corner Bench only 2 made.

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
Thomas

Shorewood Hills Unitarian Church Corner Bench only 2 made.

Post by Thomas »

Shorewood Hills Unitarian Church Corner Bench only 2 made. Is this accurate?
I came across this bench on ebay. This seller has many Frank Lloyd rare pieces for sale. If only 2 of these were ever made why did the Church let this go, or why did it not go to the Foundation?

DavidC

Post by DavidC »

ORIGINAL FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT UNITARIAN CHURCH CORNER STAGE SEAT BENCH ONLY 2 MADE

They made many of these benches for the church. And, quite often they can be found for sale. I picked one of these up about 10 or so years ago, still with the original cushions. I know that PeterM has (or, had) one, too.

This eBay seller's description seems to be a bit off the wall, somehow stating that he/she has "...all the remaining original benches chairs and tables".

David

Thomas

Post by Thomas »

David I have a low bench and a high bench, that I purchased from Geraldine Carr, she had purchased all the remaining benches chairs and tables. When I called her to see if she could sell me a table, and a chair, she told me she sold all the remaining pieces to a personal friend of hers. I never seen a corner bench, I should call Geraldine also to clarify this.

peterm

Post by peterm »

It seems legit to me, though I can’t seem to picture where in the complex the corner bench would have been situated. Would it be what is shown in photograph #6 behind and to the right of the altar?

The floor plan might show.

peterm

Post by peterm »

DavidC wrote:
They made many of these benches for the church. And, quite often they can be found for sale. I picked one of these up about 10 or so years ago, still with the original cushions. I know that PeterM has (or, had) one, too.

David
I have one chair. The corner bench looks authentic to me.

The rarity of the corner bench would probably increase its value, but the practicality of using it in any spot other than where it was originally intended makes it less desirable, I would think.