Wright Chat

FAQ FAQ Register Register
Search Search Profile Profile
Memberlist Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages
Usergroups Usergroups Log in Log in

>> Return to SaveWright Home Page

Arnold Friedman House - FIR TREE - New Mexico

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
juankbedoya

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:40 pm    Post subject: Arnold Friedman House - FIR TREE - New Mexico Reply with quote

Hello Wrightians, I've been researching about the Arnold Friedman house, but there is very few info and very few shots (interior shots specially). I found that this is the only 100% authentic Wright house in New Mexico. Is that true? So, please if you have stories, plans, drawings, etc share with us.
Roderick Grant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juan, Friedman interior photos have been posted here somewhere. Go to search, and good luck!

Of the so-called Teepee Houses, Friedman is by far the best. The living room is spectacular.
juankbedoya

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roderick Grant wrote:
Juan, Friedman interior photos have been posted here somewhere. Go to search, and good luck!

Of the so-called Teepee Houses, Friedman is by far the best. The living room is spectacular.

I have searched here by Friedman, Arnold Friedman, Fir Tree but there is nothing, in fact appears a looooot of post of other themes or appears info about Sol Friedman house, that's other house. If you have the link please share it.Thanks..!!
Roderick Grant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought as much. I think the Friedman entries were appended onto a thread of a different subject with a different title, but cannot think of what that was.
Tom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Friedman House in New Mexico is frequently featured in the Netflix
series Longmire.
Interior and exterior scenes.
In fact in one episode a shoot is filmed on site.

http://www.wrightchat.savewright.org/viewtopic.php?t=9143
SDR

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Search on Google---with the phrase wright chat appended to a subject---sometimes yields results.

Pinterest, despite its limitations, sometimes contains or points to useful content.

https://www.pinterest.com/robynsmith7/flw-freidman-lodge-fir-tree-house/

http://ishouldbelaughing.blogspot.com/2013/05/architecture-wednesday-fir-tree-house.html

S
Duncan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The photos in the two references in the last response are from a magazine article of a few years ago. I can't put my finger on it but it may have been architectural digest. The photos were new at the time, and I believe the article said this was the first time the house had been extensively published. That article and photos may have even been picked up on this site.
juankbedoya

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDR wrote:
Search on Google---with the phrase wright chat appended to a subject---sometimes yields results.

Pinterest, despite its limitations, sometimes contains or points to useful content.

https://www.pinterest.com/robynsmith7/flw-freidman-lodge-fir-tree-house/

http://ishouldbelaughing.blogspot.com/2013/05/architecture-wednesday-fir-tree-house.html

S

Actually those pictures are the only ones I have seen, I looking for "new" pictures , info or plans.. but it seems is very difficult
Roderick Grant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first issue of Storrer's Catalog (1974) contained only a rough sketch of Friedman, identified only as "Private Residence," the owner not allowing his name to be attached. It may have been the first time any reference was published on the house.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: