Wright Chat

FAQ FAQ Register Register
Search Search Profile Profile
Memberlist Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages
Usergroups Usergroups Log in Log in

>> Return to SaveWright Home Page

Texas home builder's own Lindal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SDR

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject: Texas home builder's own Lindal Reply with quote

https://lindal.com/blog/build-home-texas/?j=37041195&sfmc_sub=1148832234&l=2106782_HTML&u=294181429&mid=10927581&jb=225

A lengthy story-in-pictures, with discussion of novel building materials and systems.

S
Roderick Grant

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a fine home, but its interiors has a sort of Pier 1 quality to it.
peterm

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone else have a problem with the use of white drywall contrasting with the natural wood framed windows? The contrast is too extreme for me. It reinforces the feeling that the openings are “punched”. I would prefer the way Schindler dealt with the problem.

Example:

https://pin.it/2w45grgzpyjmc4
jay

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While browsing this site (which hosted a design event in town today), I noticed they have a Lindal Home that can be toured tomorrow (6/2), in the Atlanta area:
https://atlantadesignfestival.net/location/lindal-cedar-house/
SDR

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"This Modern Cottage Home is modeled after classic Frank Lloyd Wright designs and updated with mid-century modern and Japanese influences."

I was going to say that, as I see it, the Wrightian aspect of this house, and of other modular home designs (including the Texas subject of the thread), if any, is the clear presence of a repetitive dimensional increment---a module, if you will.

I don't see that, in itself, as sufficiently Wrightian to justify the quoted claim. One thinks of "Sure, we can call anything FLW"...

S
Matt2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks rather clunky to me. The clerestory windows look punched whereas they should appear as a level of glass between one layer of roof and the other. The plasterboard walls do contrast with the wood and not in a good way, but then I've seen that in Wright houses and cringe even then. Most of all is the weird placement of the exposed beams. They seem rather random with no rhyme or reason. And I'm not really sure exposed beams are even part of Wright's typical vocabulary.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: