Heritage Auctions' site

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.

Tom

Post by Tom »

Wha what? Wow.
... and what file are you in for these
Wait I think I can ...

SDR

Post by SDR »

Just choose your project, click on image, pause to enter site with your magic password and decoder ring, blow up image, and copy image URL . . .

S

Tom

Post by Tom »

Gratsi !!!

SDR

Post by SDR »

Or, grazie ? The downside of this method of recording is that, if HA takes down the images, you've lost it. I have no idea what their policy or practice is
---and since this is a priceless opportunity to see some otherwise unavailable material (unless you're a dormouse living in the basement of the Avery), it
makes sense to take no chances. Needless to say, I don't have the patience to save everything we've seen in the last couple of weeks. Maybe SaveWright
needs an archivist of its own ? Good luck finding and paying such an individual . . .

S

Tom

Post by Tom »

Grazie

SDR

Post by SDR »

which sounds like gratsi. I guess. Italian is in my future, if at all . . .

and, no, the magic sign-in potion didn't last. Huh. No miracles in the digital universe, for me . . .

S

SDR

Post by SDR »

97 items of Parkwyn Village material . . .

https://historical.ha.com/itm/autograph ... ail-071515

S

SDR

Post by SDR »

Matt2

Post by Matt2 »

On my Mac, I'm clicking on the image to enter the "sign in" high res mode. Then right click and "save image to downloads." This saves images in the 800 KB to 1.2 MB range. Lots of nice detail. Then just click on the next image of the set and repeat. Some lesser known projects here like Wheeler and Morris that will be fun to study.

SDR

Post by SDR »

Right on---sounds like a comparable process.

Maybe we're onto the next thing in publishing: a virtual zine consisting of attractively packaged URLs, with optional commentary.

Editor can be a trained chimp or undergraduate intern, whichever walks in the (virtual) door first . . .

What could you call it ?

S

DRN

Post by DRN »

Probably a good idea for us to each save what interests us, as I suspect these images will not be online forever.
Some of these items particularly the originals we see are NOT in the Archives at Avery.

Matt2

Post by Matt2 »

The Wainer project is a nice little gem. I always likes these small designs.

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

Perhaps I am misreading, but I just noticed that the 3 portfolios issued from 1977 to 1982 sold for $1,500.
I paid that much for volume 3 alone, and volume 1, which sold out immediately and is the hardest to find,
used to be priced more than the other two combined. Is FLW's stock dropping?

SDR

Post by SDR »

On the previous page, I wrote: ". . . a number of Wright books and magazines sold for ridiculously low prices . . . " and yes, it would appear that these publications were undersold, perhaps overshadowed by the dramatic---and signed---original drawings . . . ?

We saw the 1942 design for a second Gregor Affleck house, in perspective only. The project appears in Monograph 8, and here are those items together with the colored view drawing---a classic Jack Howe opus, I'd guess.

(The plan drawing was curiously distorted on the Monograph page; I had to wrangle the image into rectilinearity before posting it . . .)