Olmsted archival Resource - Amazing stuff

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
jay

Olmsted archival Resource - Amazing stuff

Post by jay »

I don't know how many of you are Olmsted fans... Even if you aren't, you might really enjoy the access to their archival gems....

Granted, with such a huge body of work and files, it's hard to navigate. But I've found a particularly effective way to do so:

I start here, by finding projects on the map. (You might be surprised with how many Olmsted projects are near you):
http://www.olmstedonline.org/Job/Explor ... =&jobType=
Zoom in and scroll around on the map, and click the green dots to be given the project number.

Then use this link to find your project:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/olmsted_a ... bums/page1
(NOTE: It's much faster to manually change the page number in the URL then to scroll through dozens of pages to get to your project)

I'm particularly fond of the presentation drawings/plans, and the works-in-progress photography.... Hope some of you enjoy this as much as I do.

SDR

Post by SDR »

Thanks, Jay. The local PBS station recently re-ran a documentary on the Olmstead story. Heart-warming is the saga of the work, and the long-lived and salutary results of that work . . .

SDR