Chrese Evans (Olga Peters)

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
peterm

Chrese Evans (Olga Peters)

Post by peterm »

Last edited by peterm on Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Craig

Post by Craig »

Holy Portlandia!
ch

SDR

Post by SDR »

There were two Svetlanas in the family, both married to Wes Peters, the first lost in 1946 and the second arriving in this country in 1970. I hope that helps . . . a little.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olgivanna ... #Biography

SDR

SpringGreen

Halloween costume

Post by SpringGreen »

Just remember: Tank Girl is a cartoon character, & Olga was dressed up as her for Halloween. I'm sure if she wanted to look over here (and the periodic freak-out done by the Wright Chat folks regarding those photos), she'd recall her mother's dislike of getting any attention at all from the press.
"The building as architecture is born out of the heart of man, permanent consort to the ground, comrade to the trees, true reflection of man in the realm of his own spirit." FLLW, "Two Lectures in Architecture: in the Realm of Ideas".

peterm

Post by peterm »

I edited the title of the thread; no disrespect was intended.

SpringGreen

Apology to the apology from PeterM

Post by SpringGreen »

Thanks. I just figured everyone would freak out about the hyperlink, as is the wont of those who I see on these pages when they see those photos.

I never asked Olga (or Chrese, as she was known to me) on how she thought about these things, but that was before she moved to the Pacific Northwest. Plus, my father/grandfather would have to be famous/infamous for me to have come from a common background in which to talk to her about it.
"The building as architecture is born out of the heart of man, permanent consort to the ground, comrade to the trees, true reflection of man in the realm of his own spirit." FLLW, "Two Lectures in Architecture: in the Realm of Ideas".