Wright Chat

FAQ FAQ Register Register
Search Search Profile Profile
Memberlist Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages
Usergroups Usergroups Log in Log in

>> Return to SaveWright Home Page

Tom Wolfe 1930-2018

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DRN

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject: Tom Wolfe 1930-2018 Reply with quote

His obituary:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/15/obituaries/tom-wolfe-pyrotechnic-nonfiction-writer-and-novelist-dies-at-88.html

I enjoyed his incisive rant-like paragraph long sentences in the The Painted Word and From Bauhaus to Our House.
SpringGreen

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject: Tom Wolfe Reply with quote

I liked "From Bauhaus..." more than The Painted Word, maybe because I didn't have any preconceived notions of "From Bauhaus", where I had higher expectations leading up to The Painted Word. That's the most I ever read by him.
"The building as architecture is born out of the heart of man, permanent consort to the ground, comrade to the trees, true reflection of man in the realm of his own spirit." FLLW, "Two Lectures in Architecture: in the Realm of Ideas".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: