Wright Chat

FAQ FAQ Register Register
Search Search Profile Profile
Memberlist Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages
Usergroups Usergroups Log in Log in

>> Return to SaveWright Home Page

Videos: Lectures by Edward R. Saunders on FLW buildings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject: Videos: Lectures by Edward R. Saunders on FLW buildings Reply with quote

The buildings of Frank Lloyd Wright 1 Edward R. Saunders - [54:56]

The buildings of Frank Lloyd Wright 2 - [51:03]

The buildings of Frank Lloyd Wright 3 - [54:34]

David
Roderick Grant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In college, I had an English professor (who never showed up in class, which were in the hands of intern) who gave a lecture in Northrop Hall at U of M, a 4900-seat concert hall that was about half full of freshmen. He bemoaned the quality of poetic artistry in the lyrics by Ira Gershwin for one of his brother's songs, seeming not to know the difference between poetry and lyrics. Worthless bit of silliness, given by a pompous nobody, who didn't want to be there.

Physics lectures were given by a Swiss émigré with such a thick accent that it was impossible to understand anything he said. Attending the lectures was a complete waste of time.

I'm old. I'm retired. I'm tired. Listening to lectures is a bore.
SDR

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With nothing but time on our hands, and no energy to perform meaningful tasks, what else is there to do but listen to others ?

I too suffered through college history lectures delivered by a worthy ancient whose bad microphone and weak voice barely carried his message; one
had the impression of being the only one in the room lucky enough to make out most of what was said.

A video lecture I linked to this morning is given by a German speaker who, while easy to listen to, had not prepared himself with an English vocabulary
adequate to his needs, and so had to rely repeatedly on friends in the audience to complete his sentences. Nevertheless, the well-illustrated lecture,
prepared with clear and helpful titles for the viewing audience, satisfied this reader by providing expert insight and novel perspectives on the subject at
hand.

SDR
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: