Wright Chat

FAQ FAQ Register Register
Search Search Profile Profile
Memberlist Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages
Usergroups Usergroups Log in Log in

>> Return to SaveWright Home Page

Article: Polymath Park & Lindholm House

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject: Article: Polymath Park & Lindholm House Reply with quote

A Frank Lloyd Wright resort in Pennsylvania adds a new home

David
Roderick Grant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All things considered, this is the best thing that could have happened to Lindholm.
SDR

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I want to know more about the Peter Berndtson houses there, starting (I guess) with the mysterious Balter residence.

Then -- wake me what half the remaining Wright Usonians have been moved to new locations, with their unit masonry painstakingly recreated and their
wooden parts successfully grafted onto same, sitting on new scored slabs with state-of-the-art PEX-tubed gravity heat, and artfully-inserted Thermpane®
glazing.

Hey, it's better than having them fall into ruin, or be flooded repeatedly or sold and ruined or demolished. Maybe Polymath Park could have found a use for
the late Lockridge clinic building.

SDR
DRN

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lockridge at Polymath...nice idea, but the terrain would say otherwise. Dense woods and steep hills make up most of it. Not the setting for a 5000 SF flat site building. There is an open field, but to place a building in it would spoil a long view from Berndtson’s Blum house, which is key to its charm.

Balter pics:
https://www.google.com/search?q=balter%20house%20polymath%20park&client=safari&hl=en-us&prmd=minv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjUzbu3rpvZAhUION8KHWFoCzQQ_AUIEigC&biw=375&bih=553

Blum pics:
https://www.google.com/search?q=blum%20house%20polymath%20park&client=safari&hl=en-us&prmd=misvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiN67_lrpvZAhUET98KHXnWD2AQ_AUIEigC&biw=375&bih=553
SDR

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm. Thanks. I had, finally, to inform myself about the history of the park . . .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polymath_Park

SDR
nathandrakee1987

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject: Dailyhomeworkhelp.com Reply with quote

The author has made a super article. You made you show up and no alternate about. It considers after this with the aid of and, taking all things, noticed truth that you can not battle with the fact is not extensive, everything has its simple case. A willpower of thankfulness is all collectively for this data.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: