Wright Chat

FAQ FAQ Register Register
Search Search Profile Profile
Memberlist Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages
Usergroups Usergroups Log in Log in

>> Return to SaveWright Home Page

new book: The Life of Olgivanna Wright

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul Ringstrom

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: new book: The Life of Olgivanna Wright Reply with quote

The Life of Olgivanna Wright

https://is.gd/cPsfjl
DRN

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what to make of this effort...a previously unpublished autobiography presented in part by BBP. BBP is a reliable source, but I am skeptical of the original author's motive or authenticity with this. One would hope BBP and the other author provide some commentary, perspective, authentication.
I suppose the only way to judge it is to read it.
Reidy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody ever looked into her claims about who her parents were? (I hadn't heard the one about her mother being a general.)
SDR

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_of_humane_letters
DRN

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what to believe when I consider what has been written about Olgivanna and her early life. Both Wright and she had reason to inflate her heritage so she wasn't just an exotic, and quite young, woman that a late middle age Wright got pregnant and later married once he was able. The book The Fellowship dealt a lot with Olgivanna's beginnings, but was hard to believe in places especially with the idea of a Gurdjeiff "Trojan horse" for the U.S.A. being deposited at Taliesin.
Roderick Grant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geiger read up on the history of Montenegro, and found nothing about a so-called "Supreme Court," nor any mention of a female General. I think it's all a lot of Gurdjieff-ian malarkey. Montenegro is dirt-poor and tiny (current population 678,000), and was in Olga's day, dirt-poorer.

I have never bought into the romantic story in FLW's autobiography of their meeting at the ballet. John Lloyd Wright, who was not a fan of Olga, told H. Allen Brooks that she was a charwoman at Taliesin when FLW became involved with her. Of course, America has always been the place where one could reinvent herself, so perhaps she can be excused.

She was, however, undeniably a follower of Gurdjieff. If you want to assess that bona fide, read (at your own peril) any of his books, such as "Meetings With Remarkable Men," which can substitute if you should have run out of Sominex.
Duncan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Accurate reporting seems a little hard to find out of that part of the world.

http://www.theweek.co.uk/donald-trump/69907/melania-23-things-you-might-not-know-about-donald-trumps-wife
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: