Wright Chat

FAQ FAQ Register Register
Search Search Profile Profile
Memberlist Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages
Usergroups Usergroups Log in Log in

>> Return to SaveWright Home Page

Art Installation at Glenbrow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Modmom1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:19 pm    Post subject: Art Installation at Glenbrow Reply with quote

FYI...Who knew restoration would lead to such interesting life experiences:

Instance No. 2: Laëtitia Badaut Haussmann: Exposure
Sunday, Oct. 13, 2019 | 1–4 p.m.
Shuttle pickup and introduction:Beeler Gallery | 60 Cleveland Ave. (Entrance on E. Gay Street) | Columbus, Ohio
Tour: Glenbrow/Gunning House | Blacklick, Ohio

Join Paris-based artist Laëtitia Badaut Haussmann for a performative and interpretive tour of the Gunning House, also known as Glenbrow, a 1940 Usonian-style home east of Columbus designed by the architects Tony Smith (a renowned sculptor), Theodore van Fossen (known for Rush Creek Village in Worthington, Ohio), and Laurence Cuneo (who became art director for the TV show I Love Lucy). Located on a 2.5-acre parcel, the house appeared on several endangered lists, including The Cultural Landscape Foundation and Columbus Landmarks. In 2014, Dorri Steinhoff and Joseph Kuspan purchased it. Their restoration took more than 3.5 years and received a State of Ohio Preservation Award in 2018.

Through photographs, sculptural installations, and interventions of architectural spaces, Badaut Haussmann maps out the unconscious undercurrents of design in the human condition. She “translates” the Gunning House into a site where multiple voices and histories can pass through, contest, coalesce, and break away.

Meet at Beeler Gallery at 1 p.m. for a preamble in the gallery, followed by shuttle service to the Gunning House. Please note that all visitors must take the shuttle to the Gunning House.

Laëtitia Badaut Haussmann: Exposure is presented in partnership with EXPO CHICAGO. Media sponsor: Art in America.

RSVP details will be announced at beelergallery.org and through Beeler Gallery’s mailing list (which you can sign up for at beelergallery.org).

-snip

https://www.ccad.edu/press-releases/beeler-gallery-presents-5-months-experimental-programming
SDR

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting---if not a bit esoteric ? Do you have concrete notions of what will be presented ?

S
Modmom1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laetitia visited in February, along with curators. She was referred to us by an architecture professor friend and were told that her work explores the mutability of a work of architecture over time and those who reside in it. She previously had an installation in Alvar Aalto's Maison Louis Carre and has been in group shows with Kiki Smith (perhaps Tony Smith as Glenbrow's designer played a role). We have provided her with historic documents, letters, photos, but that is about all we know. Should be interesting! Also, I believe that a sculptor friend of ours, who has collaborated with Joe over the past 30 years will be featured in her work.

In other news, work has commenced on the tower! I'm locked out of my Flickr so I can't add new photos...I'm a luddite)but there are photos posted on my Instagram for those interested as well as works by our sculptor friend, Ralph Williams:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz1MJHZBkjM/

Here is my daughter's Glenbrow account with many photos of the tower:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0wO-NchvYF/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: