Wright Chat

FAQ FAQ Register Register
Search Search Profile Profile
Memberlist Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages
Usergroups Usergroups Log in Log in

>> Return to SaveWright Home Page

Donald Trump, Donghia and interior design
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter, if you are taking a poll, I suggest you change it to "Should Donald Trump and the current administration be discontinued as an appropriate topic for future discussion?"

If you alone discontinue your posts then we may be left solely with Kellyanne Conway Huckabee Sanders, uh, I mean Roderick. Hardly fair and balanced discourse...
peterm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds good, but I really can't imagine trying to limit others from speaking their minds. That's why I set it up the way I did..
Rood

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Mr. Wright once quipped, about the Taliesin choir ... "We sing for our own amazement".

I read this thread, entitled "Donald Trump, Donghia and interior design", little amused, but entirely amazed. Weeks back, one mild attempt to set it back to the original topic was summarily ignored, but, yeah, guys, can't we please give it a break?

I, for one, shudder to think of what the Donald is doing to the private quarters of the White House that he calls a "dump", but This House is ours, and his presence does no honour to its purpose or function.
Roderick Grant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig and wrightasrain, you sum up much of what has annoyed me for years: The left is insufferably arrogant. It isn't just that you all disagree, lockstep, with political ideas contrary to your own ossified bigotries, but that you characterize all those "deplorables" who disagree with you as somehow mentally diseased. This results in a delusional state of your own, sitting in a dark place ruminating alone, counting the beads on your rosary, avoiding expressing anything contrary to leftist dogma for fear of being slapped down by Debbie Wasserman-Schultz.
wrightasrain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roderick....

"Physician, heal thyself."
Craig

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put this ossified bigot down as a NO vote in the continuance of discussing political matters on this forum. It serves no purpose and succeeds at nothing.

And by the way Roderick, I was raised in a blue collar town by a father who never finished high school and worked in a factory. He left when I was 10 and so my mother then worked in another factory to support three children. My grandfather had a 4th grade education and no one in my family had ever gone beyond high school. I have worked since I was able, lived on my own since I finished high school and put myself through college and graduate school. I will never apologize to anyone for getting an education and being self-reliant. I know first hand that sometimes people need and deserve help.

Our president, on the other hand, knows nothing of any of these things. You may call me any name you wish but I am far closer in kinship with the "deplorables" than Mr. Trump will ever be. Please do not assume to know me or the reasons for my thoughts and deeds. It is you sir that are offensive with your ignorant generalizations.
peterm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way the poll is structured, I think that would be a yes. Yes, the discussion should discontinue? (I suppose I worded it backwards.)
Roderick Grant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just one last dig: It appears there are a couple of contributors who don't like it when the table is turned.
wrightasrain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roderick couldn't help himself

Roderick Grant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daffy Duck, perhaps, but definitely NOT Woody.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72
Page 72 of 72

Jump to: