Poking around Taliesin with my cameras

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
Mark Hertzberg

Poking around Taliesin with my cameras

Post by Mark Hertzberg »

The third installment of my poking around Taliesin with my cameras this spring is now at www.wrightinracine.com

Mark Hertzberg
Mark Hertzberg

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

Mark, soon, if not already, you will have enough photos of the nooks and crannies of Taliesin to publish a coffee table book of images few (if any) other photographers focus on. "God is in the details," as they say, and your images reveal those details as few others do.

Tom

Post by Tom »

yeah RG, but we all know it's really the D-evil

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

Tom, is there any difference?

Tom

Post by Tom »

Very hard to tell, it's true.

DRN

Post by DRN »

I just saw in the Conservancy’s newsletter that Mark will be a recipient of a 2019 Wright Spirit Award. Congratulations Mark!

Tom

Post by Tom »

congratulations

Mark Hertzberg

Post by Mark Hertzberg »

Thank you, Dan and Tom. It's a humbling honor!
Mark Hertzberg

SpringGreen

Poking around Taliesin

Post by SpringGreen »

I've overlooked your last posts of photos from Taliesin. It's so great to see your detailed photos. Not the "usual" little details that one gets in many photographs. It's because you know the building so well. I was just remembering the first time I went down to the Guest Wing (where the Rose room is). I was stewarding at the house & there weren't any tours (only one House Steward was needed at the time because our house tours were capped at 14). I walked down the hallway & saw the light coming from around the corner. It was the light through the doors that look out to the little patio there (all of the rooms were closed & I wasn't going to open the doors - Heloise still lived here that summer!). That view through the patio was so spectacular - completely unexpected. I sat down for a moment to enjoy it. At that time, that area had two of the sitting chairs from Taliesin II, so I sat in one of those.

Another view is that stone wall in the Upper Parking Court (where the Chicken Coops/dorm rooms). Since Taliesin Preservation removed the closet in the Entry Foyer of the living quarters, I love how you can be in the Loggia & look all the way to that stone wall.

Your photographs make me want to get in my car & drive over to Taliesin (I'm working in my office in the Visitor Center). Unfortunately, I don't have my car - argh.[/list]
"The building as architecture is born out of the heart of man, permanent consort to the ground, comrade to the trees, true reflection of man in the realm of his own spirit." FLLW, "Two Lectures in Architecture: in the Realm of Ideas".

SDR

Post by SDR »

Maybe some manufacturer can be persuaded to provide Taliesin with a small fleet of convenience vehicles ... to be painted Cherokee Red, of course !

https://www.electricwheelchairsusa.com/ ... eIQAvD_BwE

http://mobilitypluspro2.com/product/e-p ... XEQAvD_BwE

(I endorse no particular brand of electric mini-car.) S

Mark Hertzberg

Post by Mark Hertzberg »

Thanks for your note Spring Green (whoever you are in real life!).
Mark Hertzberg

SpringGreen

You're welcome

Post by SpringGreen »

Mark - I figured you knew who I was because someone outed me here on The Wright Attitude page on Facebook (I'm carrying around the fear of revealing myself based on 15-year-old, pre-Facebook warnings). I'm Keiran. My name makes sense in that case.
"The building as architecture is born out of the heart of man, permanent consort to the ground, comrade to the trees, true reflection of man in the realm of his own spirit." FLLW, "Two Lectures in Architecture: in the Realm of Ideas".

Mark Hertzberg

Post by Mark Hertzberg »

The mystery is solved! I always enjoy chatting with you and being able to draw on your knowledge. I am with two more Road Scholar tours in September...will I see "ah-hah" moments then, too? Time will tell!
Mark Hertzberg