Wright Chat

FAQ FAQ Register Register
Search Search Profile Profile
Memberlist Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages
Usergroups Usergroups Log in Log in

>> Return to SaveWright Home Page

Poking around Taliesin with my cameras

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Hertzberg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:01 pm    Post subject: Poking around Taliesin with my cameras Reply with quote

The third installment of my poking around Taliesin with my cameras this spring is now at www.wrightinracine.com

Mark Hertzberg
Roderick Grant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, soon, if not already, you will have enough photos of the nooks and crannies of Taliesin to publish a coffee table book of images few (if any) other photographers focus on. "God is in the details," as they say, and your images reveal those details as few others do.
Tom

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah RG, but we all know it's really the D-evil
Roderick Grant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom, is there any difference?
Tom

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very hard to tell, it's true.
DRN

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw in the Conservancy’s newsletter that Mark will be a recipient of a 2019 Wright Spirit Award. Congratulations Mark!
Tom

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congratulations
Mark Hertzberg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Dan and Tom. It's a humbling honor!
SpringGreen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:11 am    Post subject: Poking around Taliesin Reply with quote

I've overlooked your last posts of photos from Taliesin. It's so great to see your detailed photos. Not the "usual" little details that one gets in many photographs. It's because you know the building so well. I was just remembering the first time I went down to the Guest Wing (where the Rose room is). I was stewarding at the house & there weren't any tours (only one House Steward was needed at the time because our house tours were capped at 14). I walked down the hallway & saw the light coming from around the corner. It was the light through the doors that look out to the little patio there (all of the rooms were closed & I wasn't going to open the doors - Heloise still lived here that summer!). That view through the patio was so spectacular - completely unexpected. I sat down for a moment to enjoy it. At that time, that area had two of the sitting chairs from Taliesin II, so I sat in one of those.

Another view is that stone wall in the Upper Parking Court (where the Chicken Coops/dorm rooms). Since Taliesin Preservation removed the closet in the Entry Foyer of the living quarters, I love how you can be in the Loggia & look all the way to that stone wall.

Your photographs make me want to get in my car & drive over to Taliesin (I'm working in my office in the Visitor Center). Unfortunately, I don't have my car - argh.[/list]
"The building as architecture is born out of the heart of man, permanent consort to the ground, comrade to the trees, true reflection of man in the realm of his own spirit." FLLW, "Two Lectures in Architecture: in the Realm of Ideas".
SDR

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe some manufacturer can be persuaded to provide Taliesin with a small fleet of convenience vehicles ... to be painted Cherokee Red, of course !

https://www.electricwheelchairsusa.com/products/green-transporter-q-pod-electric-mobility-scooter?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping&gclid=CjwKCAjwnf7qBRAtEiwAseBO_EHAVhZkU-iZIDbJ4BBrhaV3zOSC-mN4eDLO8NN_8eoI2MchnYcMERoCCeIQAvD_BwE

http://mobilitypluspro2.com/product/e-pod/?gclid=CjwKCAjwnf7qBRAtEiwAseBO_Lzakhufu6RFpSSY-Knh9A-MKCE0lDewLEsYCU1662zW4Rl8ZVN78RoCUXEQAvD_BwE

(I endorse no particular brand of electric mini-car.) S
Mark Hertzberg

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your note Spring Green (whoever you are in real life!).
SpringGreen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject: You're welcome Reply with quote

Mark - I figured you knew who I was because someone outed me here on The Wright Attitude page on Facebook (I'm carrying around the fear of revealing myself based on 15-year-old, pre-Facebook warnings). I'm Keiran. My name makes sense in that case.
"The building as architecture is born out of the heart of man, permanent consort to the ground, comrade to the trees, true reflection of man in the realm of his own spirit." FLLW, "Two Lectures in Architecture: in the Realm of Ideas".
Mark Hertzberg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mystery is solved! I always enjoy chatting with you and being able to draw on your knowledge. I am with two more Road Scholar tours in September...will I see "ah-hah" moments then, too? Time will tell!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: