Article: Price Tower may offer HUD affordable housing

To control SPAM, you must now be a registered user to post to this Message Board.

EFFECTIVE 14 Nov. 2012 PRIVATE MESSAGING HAS BEEN RE-ENABLED. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS AND PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION.

This is the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy's Message Board. Wright enthusiasts can post questions and comments, and other people visiting the site can respond.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, *-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time they see fit.
SDR

Post by SDR »

Do I understand correctly that the HUD-connected proposal is under consideration only because of the funding it would provide ?

S

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

If that's the case, SDR, PT should proceed with great caution. The Fed is a trap. Once you get involved with them, you lose all control. If part of the deal is Fed control of maintenance, they would have a mini-Pruitt-Igoe situation on their hands, and it would be only a matter of time until the entire building was turned into a shambles. HUD should have been eliminated entirely decades ago.

Jeff Myers

Post by Jeff Myers »

I guess I am the crazy few who would live in the Tower.
They have a grant to fix the outdated boiler and air system. To bad those slim A/c units, which Japan uses, are hard to put into a building like Price Tower, but I am sure there is a way.

I would happily, when I have better income, just buy a suite and renovate it.
Even if it was not for sale.
JAT
Jeff T

Craig

Post by Craig »

My thoughts too Jeff. If the hotel concept is not working, perhaps the building could go condo, although I shudder at what the maintenance fees might be. Are there not enough people or creative businesses in the area to actually make the thing work as it was intended? Apparently not. It just blows my mind to see this become low-income housing.
ch

Jeff Myers

Post by Jeff Myers »

To bad you can’t move the tower to Tulsa, the concept works well here.

If the hotel was more of a Hilton curio collection it’d likely sustain better. I just have ideas but lack the money to invest.
JAT
Jeff T

Roderick Grant

Post by Roderick Grant »

If it went condo, the offices could easily be absorbed into the residential units, making each condo a 3 times the size of what they are. But don't hold your breath on that becoming a reality.

ZacharyMatthews

Nope!

Post by ZacharyMatthews »

DavidC

Post by DavidC »