Wright Chat

FAQ FAQ Register Register
Search Search Profile Profile
Memberlist Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages
Usergroups Usergroups Log in Log in

>> Return to SaveWright Home Page

Password at Wright Chat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SDR

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject: Password at Wright Chat Reply with quote

One of the changes noted by readers, following the Outage of Aught-Seventeen, was the apparent loss of automatic log-in. For a long time, I had to enter my password every time I wished to post. Then, for some reason, my log-in info was saved, and I've enjoyed relative bliss on that front, for many months.

I just replaced the hard drive in my computer---in essence, I have a new device---and the Wright Chat Log-in Blues are back. Does anyone here have a clue for me . . . ?

S
DRN

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with Mac's after the 512K version from 1985, but I think there must be setting on the web browser to allow the computer to store your log in to frequented sites.

I have never done that with the Windows machine I use at the office or my iPhone, but it is able to be done.
SDR

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Dan---I'm pursuing that. No luck so far . . .

S
SDR

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh-heh. Others in the Opera browser community were having the same problem with newer versions of the app.

I followed the advice of a manager and added Opera to a keychain access pane in my OS. Now I've got password-free posting here---except, apparently, on this thread ! Go figure . . .

Maybe it wants vengeance for the complaint.

S
SDR

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason I posed the question is that Password Autofill is working for me on other sites---leading me to believe that there's something special going on with Wright Chat security . . .

S
SDR

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opera (my browser of choice) may be the problem; there are complaints from other users there about this issue.

Well, maybe it will inhibit my over-posting---leaving more room for others to contribute !

S
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wright Chat Forum Index -> Click Here for General Discussion Posts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: